PDA

View Full Version : JJ overpair, flop c/minraise freezes me up completely

Gustav
02-07-2007, 05:26 PM
No reads on villain (he is 90/0, but over 15 hands). Felt completely lost on all streets after the cbet. What the hell is he checking the turn with? And then with the strong river bet. I want to put him on a busted flush draw here, unfortunately I couldn't seem to find my testicles at the time, so now we'll never know. Anyone care to guess?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($50.50)
Button ($114.35)
SB ($82.55)
BB ($158.90)
Hero ($101)
MP ($97.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls $3.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($9) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $13</font>, Hero calls $6.50.

Turn: ($35) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($35) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $25</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $60

FalconTi0
02-07-2007, 05:28 PM
i see a guy playing like this but there was no real good way to read it. his plays were just random. im interested in some answers because i see this a lot.

Leviathan101
02-07-2007, 05:30 PM
I think this belongs is Small stakes.

what's his postflop aggresion?

Hand range... I don't know. It sounds like he plays everything, so he could have anything from a busted draw to a straight here.

I guess I would call river. I wouldn't be happy though.

Gustav
02-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Reads would indeed be nice, but I only had 15 hands on him, and he left a few hands later so I can't help you there.

and12006
02-07-2007, 06:13 PM
I might put a blocker bet just to pick off his bluffs I might call but its possible he has a straight and min-raise semi bluffed on teh flop.

Leviathan101
02-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Well what I meant was that since he played 90% of his 15 hands, you should at least have Postflop aggresion from pokerace hud or w/e you use. Playing 13 hands in 15 is about as much information postflop as playin 13 hands in 100.

Fels krone
02-07-2007, 06:20 PM
This is a weird hand. I really dont think he hit a set, dont think he would reraise flop and check turn with that.

The only hand that has you beat is 87, where he played aggressive on flop and slowplayed turn. Maybe he had the flush draw to go with it, I cant tell.

You can beat T9 or A9, where he put you on overcards when the flop hit, but decided to check the turn when you called the reraise. But he probably wouldnt bet out when the Q ball hit.

Very strange two pair possibility, but I dont think he would check the turn with two pair. Two flush draws and straight draws out there would warrant a bet.

When Im that confused, Id probably toss my JJ as well.

BoozeHound
02-07-2007, 06:29 PM
I bet again on the turn due to the check there. min raises are often trying to buy a free river. That way you can fold to another raise (he's not buying a free river now) then decide on the river (with this river a check behind if he checks, call a small bet, probably fold to a large one).

As played I think I'd fold with as little information as you have.

Gustav
02-07-2007, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet again on the turn due to the check there. min raises are often trying to buy a free river. That way you can fold to another raise (he's not buying a free river now) then decide on the river (with this river a check behind if he checks, call a small bet, probably fold to a large one).

As played I think I'd fold with as little information as you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

You feel so stupid, getting checkraised on the flop and then walking right back into it again on the turn just because he checked.

But the more I think about it, the more I think you're probably right. The way I played it I might as well have folded the flop.