PDA

View Full Version : This would be a SICK laydown, but.....

ImprovinNewbie
02-07-2007, 04:15 PM
this is an unraised pot. i usually raise all of my PPs at 6max but in the blind with 5 people in i was afraid everyone woul call and i would spew when i missed most of the time. this is villians FIRST hand. the reraiser is very active and prolly a huge donk

full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $16.40
CO: $7.65
Button: $9.85
Hero: $9.90
BB: $11.25

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.4, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.4</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises all-in $7.55</font> hero?

there is a bet, raise, and rereaise AI and i have middle set on a co-ordinated board. ive lever laid down a set before. what do i do?

matrix
02-07-2007, 04:21 PM
call and hope that you get called as well by BB or UTG - then get the rest in on any turn.

You're almost always so far ahead here it's not funny and you want BB/UTG to call with their 66/2pair/AT/flush draw/OESD and all the other crap you're crushing.

valuetowns all you can eat buffet.

Imrahil
02-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Even if one of them has 98, you may end up getting odds to push even if you know on of them has you beat. But the thing is, you don't know if someone has you beat and there's a large chance that you have the best hand here. I push.

Bowlboy
02-07-2007, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even if one of them has 98, you may end up getting odds to push even if you know on of them has you beat. But the thing is, you don't know if someone has you beat and there's a large chance that you have the best hand here. I push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I like matrix128's line better here. Just calling might get action from the other guys still in the pot, which will pad the pot for the times that you are up against TT or 89.

ImprovinNewbie
02-07-2007, 04:50 PM
but no way a fold... right.

thac
02-07-2007, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I like matrix128's line better here. Just calling might get action from the other guys still in the pot, which will pad the pot for the times that you are up against TT or 89.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only $2 more, why WOULDN'T you push? If he's gonna call 7, he's gonna call 9. I shove here.

Leviathan101
02-07-2007, 05:22 PM
I shove flop, it's barely any more money. You'll want to get all hte money in here and hope they don't have TT. even against 89, you probably have at least 5 outs off the flop, and another 3 on the turn, meaning you're at least 30% to still hit by the river. You'll be ahead often enoguh here to make this a shove everytime.

udbrky
02-07-2007, 05:38 PM
You've got 7 outs on the flop - 3 T's, 3 6's, 1 7 + 3 more on a whiffed turn (3 x's). You outdraw a flopped straight a third of the time.

Plus, you could very well be up against any 8, any 9, any T, an overpair, or even something stupid.

I'd push with the pot and stack sizes.

KurtSF
02-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Well, TT and 89 are beating you, but you beat:

(1) 66, lower set
(2) some r-tartd trapping with AA or KK
(3) flushdraws
(4) some other stupid thing like 76 or AT

I think you are often behind one of these two players here, but the chances you are crushing them + the chances you having live draws out even if they are beating you makes this a POOOSH to me.

$0.02