PDA

View Full Version : NL 50- Combo draw stuck on turn

SwingVelvet
02-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Please ignore preflop.
STACKS: We both have $79
READ: Ok so I had only been playing for about 10 min but although this guy is a "rock" 22/14/1, I tried floating him previously but he check/called my double barrel (Turn and river) with AQ high on a 223TK board...
so, folding him out was out of the question. I knew I had no fold equity, it was impossible to bluff him.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, CO calls.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($10.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $11</font>, Hero ????

Probably a 3 to 1 dog with 2 to 1 pot odds. Do implied odds justify this call?

RAHZero
02-07-2007, 02:46 PM
I usually wouldn't raise this UTG, but whatever.

As played, I'd pot the flop, trying to get max value. On the turn, double barreling isn't bad. You're not trying to fold him out here, just make a blocking bet of maybe $6 to try to see the river for cheap. As played, fold is good, you need to make up quite a bit on the river if you hit, and the flush draw is pretty obvious. It might be close though if you think you can stack him when you hit your straight outs.

SwingVelvet
02-07-2007, 02:48 PM
huh?
thanks but there are no straight outs... combo draw i meant flush draw and pair

RAHZero
02-07-2007, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
huh?
thanks but there are no straight outs... combo draw i meant flush draw and pair

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, misread the hand. In that case, I'd definitely fold the turn.

Vyse
02-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm not sure you can entirely blame him for calling that double barrel on such a dry board. I'd think about a check riase here, but probably fold.

nazkev83
02-07-2007, 04:24 PM
I'd definitely play the flop just like you did (even though I wouldn't have called UTG with that hand). Do you have stats on the guy's percentage that he calls continuation bets? On the turn I think you have to either take a blocking bet approach of approximately 1/2 pot, or check/fold since there's a good chance he either had a better hand than you on the flop or floated with Kx (he was, in fact, the original bettor PFR). As played, I think you need to pick a better spot and just give up the hand.

Check_The_Nuts
02-07-2007, 05:23 PM
why not bet turn for value? He calls with A high lololol

allaboutmyfetti
02-07-2007, 05:34 PM
pf is standard.

Has he been floating you? If so I crai the turn, otherwise I owuld 1/2 bet pot on the turn

SwingVelvet
02-07-2007, 06:33 PM
ok, though i asked to ignore preflop,
I was the PFR!
I never called preflop!
Thanks for your response anyway

SwingVelvet
02-07-2007, 06:34 PM
he didn't really float me but i felt i had no FE against him after he made those calls with ace high

Leviathan101
02-07-2007, 06:39 PM
I like preflop play.

I put a blocker on turn.

Are you sure you're not underestimating villian? Looks like your floated him on a rather dry board and he may be a decent thinking player.

You can probably get some decent money out of him on the river if you make two pair or maybe trips. probably a 1/2 pot bet.

If you're sure he's a calling station, then you have odds to call turn to try to make a good hand and take a big chunk of money on river.

ajmargarine
02-07-2007, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok, though i asked to ignore preflop,
I was the PFR!
I never called preflop!
Thanks for your response anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, when you look at a hand you have to look at everything, and everything includes preflop. So it's pretty silly to tell people to ignore an aspect of the hand. Alot of the what should I do on the turn/river hands that are posted contain errors previous to the turn/river that have to be addressed. That said, there's nothing wrong with preflop. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Flop is fine, and being you have a pair + flush draw, I'd lead the turn as well for $6-$7, keeping the iniative, disguising your hand, repping something big for the FE.

SwingVelvet
02-08-2007, 05:55 PM
thanks for the great response

the only reason I asked to ignore pf is b/c i know it's not a standard play and didn't feel like discussing the reasons behind the raise, (table conditions, image, mood, metagame)
i know it was unconventional and something i rarely do at this stake. i was only lost during the turn

[ QUOTE ]
... I'd lead the turn... repping something big for the FE.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean representing for the fold equity? i thought i had no fold equity, is that what you meant? if not can you elaborate on that part?