PDA

View Full Version : $50 NL, AKs fancy really confusing play.

Sneds9
02-07-2007, 09:15 AM
I would like to know what people would do differently in this situation. My thoughts were: he flat called $1.5 preflop I'm not against a big pair, so I should be happy flipping with any hand, especially with $7 invested already?

I intended to push any flop to hopefully drive out some hands?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($49)
SB ($51.05)
Hero ($50.50)
UTG ($154.62)
MP ($49)
CO ($16.05)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $22.75</font>, Hero calls $15.50.

Flop: ($47.50) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB calls $50.80 (All-In), Hero calls $50 (All-In).

Turn: ($148.30) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($148.30) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $148.30

thac
02-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Pretty sure it's a shove/fold after you get 4-bet preflop. You're not "driving out" anything after he puts half his stack in.

Sneds9
02-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Ok, then. So it's going in no matter what. Does it matter whether it's on the flop or preflop?

thac
02-07-2007, 09:26 AM
I would do it preflop that way you get to see all 5 cards. Villain doesn't seem smart, but I see a lot of people flat-calling JJ in the small blind, so I'm guessing that's what he had.. something in that area. I would just shove preflop.

Bonesy
02-07-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm not sure what a cold call/reraise line means. Maybe it's similar to a limp/rr. Either way, I believe you have to fold or put him all in preflop. He has the lead on the flop and what would happen if you missed the flop and he pushed? You can hardly call. As played, you have to call his all in.

Just calling preflop can't be correct though. If you think his line is a big pair not KK's or AA's, push. Otherwise fold.

poshphil
02-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Some reads on villain would be useful. To me a cold-call/reraise seems strong, like he didnt want to drive away action then when there was some he decided to raise.

As it is, you're only in terrible shape against AA, I just push preflop after his reraise to 22.75. We want to see all 5 cards here rather than calling and potentially missing the flop forcing you to most likely have to fold to a flop bet.

munkey
02-07-2007, 09:44 AM
Push or fold to his 4bet preflop is what I do.

Depends on if he's light 3bettor, xloose or on the other hand a rock e.t.c

Sneds9
02-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Sorry, haven't got any reads on him. I think the call/shove preflop doesn't matter that much. I was calling the flop regardless.

You're all telling me to get my money in preflop, but I don't care about whether it was preflop or on the flop. What I want to know whether I should be folding this or getting my money in. ty.

thac
02-07-2007, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, haven't got any reads on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
What I want to know whether I should be folding this or getting my money in. ty.

[/ QUOTE ]

You tell us. Depends on the player.

Sneds9
02-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Uh huh. Thanks.

thac
02-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Well, has he shown down hands in big pots? How did he play those?

Has he raised much preflop?

Is he willing to cold-call and 4-bet with anything less than AA?

It differs from player to player.. there's no clear-cut answer here.

WarhammerIIC
02-07-2007, 10:42 AM
I've seen people pull this play with some really trashy hands. Granted, this player actually have a decent stack, but I still don't see the point of just calling that last preflop raise. If you're going to call that, there's no reason to not push unless you think he's the type of player that can be pushed around on the flop when they don't hit. Still, I'd rather get all the money in preflop. If they have QQ or JJ and AK2 flops, they might be able to get away from the hand.

JadeRedstone
02-07-2007, 11:05 AM
A very good player might do this with A's or K's.
A's or K's are great shape HU and by flat calling with only one player to play behind he disguise the strength of his hand.

Bad players will do this move with medium pair. They are willing to call a normal raise, then when the action get big they push to try and take it down.

The fact that he didn't push is confusing though.

By pushing PF you get some fold equity. AK HU vs even 2's is still behind.