PDA

View Full Version : How crazy am I to consider laying this down?

jumbojacks
02-07-2007, 07:20 AM
SB is a somewhat tightish player 25/11/2. He's played pretty straightforward.
Button is really LAG 40/25/3 and he's been opening on the button with all kinds of hands. I'm starting to 3bet him a bit more frequently.
I've been playing somewhat tight/TAG, but probably more tighter the last few orbits.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

Button ($69.40)
SB ($46.30)
Hero ($50.65)
UTG ($29.25)
MP ($50)
CO ($57.70)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1.5</font>, SB calls $1.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7.5</font>, Button folds, SB calls $6.

Flop: ($16.50) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $11</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $38.8</font> (leaving him with a few dollars behind), Hero...

I can't think of any holding SB would cold-call my 3bet besides 66 and TT. I might split with AQ, but are there any other hands in his range I could be ahead of?

thac
02-07-2007, 07:23 AM
You could call and hope he has KQ. I fold this a lot, you don't beat a whole lot. If he has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or something, he has a lot of outs and it's almost a coinflip. If somehow he has K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif he's ahead. Fold and wait for a better spot.

FWIW, I bet a little smaller on this flop, I really don't think SB cold-calls very many hands that aren't a pair here, so you're WA/WB here a lot. $9 accomplishes the same as $11 in this case I think.

ama0330
02-07-2007, 07:40 AM
Fold, you're done.

flo
02-07-2007, 07:51 AM
I wouldn't call you crazy for the fold.

br.bm
02-07-2007, 10:40 AM
insta muck

JadeRedstone
02-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Why are we reraising AQ from the Blinds?
You're in a bad position you got a bet and a call in front of you. Without reads on both this should be a fold.

barryc83
02-07-2007, 11:19 AM
I understand that nobody here advocates going broke with TPTK, but what does this guy really have? He flat calls the button raise then cold calls your reraise. What hands does a 25/11 do this with? TT/66 maybe. I seriously doubt he has 2 pair here. I think a draw is pretty likely.

Bonesy
02-07-2007, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're in a bad position you got a bet and a call in front of you. Without reads on both this should be a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a great spot for a squeeze play. Button is surely raising light and SB is caught in the middle. Frankly I don't see any other way to play it given the reads.

WarhammerIIC
02-07-2007, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a great spot for a squeeze play. Button is surely raising light and SB is caught in the middle. Frankly I don't see any other way to play it given the reads.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, but the raise might have been a bit much. It made the flop very difficult to play.

AceLuby
02-07-2007, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You could easily call for deception value and to keep the pot small OOP. Unless you have a read that the button will fold to your 3-bet I don't like it esp w/ the cold caller. If you think button will fold I like it more because it gives bad odds to the SB to call, so I think this is all dependent on the button and if he's as loose as you say he is he isn't going any where. I'd call and see a flop.