PDA

View Full Version : 25NL AQ Top 2 on a straightening board

BoozeHound
02-07-2007, 01:14 AM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.2</font>, 3 folds, BB calls, UTG folds.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.95</font>, BB calls.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($10.65, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $9.35</font>, BB calls.

River: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($29.35, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB is all-in $11.25</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $51.85

Caelallaiach
02-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Do you have any reads on Villain? I see this kind of play all the time at 10NL, where Villain bets weak out of position. Some do it when they are really strong, some when they are weak and on a draw and want to see the next card cheaply. Once you've worked out which type they are it seems like a reasonably reliable read to me.

Anyway, assuming no reads, I normally assume the little bets are "please don't raise me" bets, but here there is no obvious draw on the flop. He would have to be a complete fish to call down two streets with just a K (gutshot), something like KQ seems to fit his bets.

I think I call on the end here since he is betting less than half pot and I think this could be another worse two pair/bluff enough of the time (25%) for a call to be okay, it is a close decision though and if you had read on Villain being loose passive postflop then folding may be better.

WarhammerIIC
02-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Turn raise might have been too big, but you're definitely calling the river. You're getting, what, 4-to-1? It wouldn't shock me if they showed down AKo, depending on their stats.

drugged
02-07-2007, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have any reads on Villain? I see this kind of play all the time at 10NL, where Villain bets weak out of position. Some do it when they are really strong, some when they are weak and on a draw and want to see the next card cheaply. Once you've worked out which type they are it seems like a reasonably reliable read to me.

Anyway, assuming no reads, I normally assume the little bets are "please don't raise me" bets, but here there is no obvious draw on the flop. He would have to be a complete fish to call down two streets with just a K (gutshot), something like KQ seems to fit his bets.

I think I call on the end here since he is betting less than half pot and I think this could be another worse two pair/bluff enough of the time (25%) for a call to be okay, it is a close decision though and if you had read on Villain being loose passive postflop then folding may be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this synopsis, but this is really close and I'm not sure you're good enough of the time to call. You played the hand fine though.