PDA

View Full Version : KK vs donkey

BoozeHound
02-07-2007, 12:27 AM
When I raise a donk bettor on a dry board, and they do it again I always get a little careful.

What's my line against a donk betting 52/8/0.7?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($3, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.75</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($4.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, SB calls.

River: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($14.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $5</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $24.5

AKQJ10
02-07-2007, 12:34 AM
Looks fine to me. AF = 0.7 is pretty passive but would probably still bet a good queen here until facing resistance. He's got "something", but is his something better than yours? Turn -- small bet because he's less sure he's good and because he thinks of bets in absolute terms. River -- he probably has you beat and is value betting. However, getting 4:1 you certainly can't fold KK here without a good read, can you?

BoozeHound
02-07-2007, 12:38 AM
yeah, the AF is the thing that threw me the most. Also, I have a note that villain donk-bet a 2-tone board and folded to my raise.

AKQJ10
02-07-2007, 12:44 AM
One way to look at it is this: If Villain was set-mining here, he only got 10:1. That's close to break-even but not quite enough, really, because occasionally you'll make an overset or freak straight/flush.

As long as you're not laying immense implied odds to a set, you're OK. Make a note how he played this and learn. If you can always fold here against this line from this opponent, $5 minus p(your hand is good here) isn't much to pay for that info.

wall_st
02-07-2007, 01:01 AM
What are stack sizes here ? If he is short im inclined to raise the flop instead of waiting till the turn.

Does anyone else want to raise the river, i feel like villan would call with counterfeited two pairs and a single q as well ?

BoozeHound
02-07-2007, 01:01 AM
Thanks AKQJ10

Anyone take a different line here? raise the flop? get it in quick?

Anyone raise the river? Villain probably doesn't push anything but a set. will villain call JJ,99 here? call with a Q?

EMc
02-07-2007, 01:11 AM
Im raising on that flop but I also raise pretty much every donkbetter into me.

Vyse
02-07-2007, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I also raise pretty much every donkbetter into me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

AKQJ10
02-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Sorry, i missed the counterfeit in my analysis above. I think that makes it less likely that he has you beat, of course. But who knows, maybe he thinks that his AQ has improved because now he has "two pair."

I like calling the flop and am learning to do it more. What are you trying to protect against? Probably a five-out draw with a pair. If you expect him to bet again, that's a good way to play a reasonably safe overpair.

EMc
02-07-2007, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villains at this level will slowplay any real hand and will often fold to aggression.

BoozeHound
02-07-2007, 01:28 AM
can I apply the read of how villain played a donk-bet on a flush board to the current situation on an uncoordinated board? Seems silly to generalize too much, but added caution is probably in order, right?

Also, I can see raising the flop for meta game if villain is paying attention and I think I can pick up more flops by raising donk bets with my good hands too, but this villain can't possibly be thinking that deeply can he?

Also, this is not quite a min donk-bet, which I probably raise every time too, although it's not far off at .75 into a $3 pot.

gir
02-07-2007, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

In this scenario, I don't mind your play that much (considering how aggressive he is), but generally, I do too. Especially weak ones. I just pretend like they didn't bet at all and just pot it. Often enough, they're just trying to prevent me from c-betting and will do it with anything. They'll see I'm raising and almost always run away with their tails between their legs. If it's a PSB donk and I have AQ on a K83 rainbow board, I'll toss it about 75% of the time and call to bet the turn or possibly raise the other 25%.

BoozeHound
02-07-2007, 01:34 AM
Also, if you raise flop are you raising turn and river too if villain continues to donk bet? villain's bet sizes are increasing, if very slowly. are you playing for stacks here?

EMc
02-07-2007, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, if you raise flop are you raising turn and river too if villain continues to donk bet? villain's bet sizes are increasing, if very slowly. are you playing for stacks here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Felting this hand with this board texture, if a mistake at all, is minimal.

BoozeHound
02-07-2007, 01:42 AM
This is the exact board texture I DON'T felt on most of the time.

I assume that is not the case if raised, right? This villain doesn't raise.

EMc
02-07-2007, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the exact board texture I DON'T felt on most of the time.

I assume that is not the case if raised, right? This villain doesn't raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many hands is this read over. His stats to me suggest call-station, lets let the call station call. If villain had more than a weak queen on the flop id be genuinely surprized.