PDA

View Full Version : Getting off a long tilt

rms39
02-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Hey, not sure if this is the right spot to post this or not.

When you are a tourney player (I usually play 20+2 MTT's) and are going thow a long stretch of losses (Have lost about 1000 in a week) what do you do to get off-tilt?

I am trying to read this site and reread some books to get back my fundmentals... Just curious if you had any other ideas.

RJ

seke2
02-09-2006, 03:40 PM
The Psychology forum would be a good spot for you to start.

Beachman42
02-09-2006, 03:41 PM
SnG, baby! Nothing like winning 2-3 times to restore the confidence.

RichC.
02-09-2006, 03:46 PM
I have been taking a break from online play personally. I still play live once or twice a week but online I went on a terrible tilt and lost my bankroll. I've also been getting back to basics and reexamining my play of late. How many times did I suffer a bad beat versus how many times I just played horribly? Sometimes variance is just a monster. My run of late has been people hitting their 3 and 4 outers on the river, to include live play.

Exitonly
02-09-2006, 03:51 PM
well if a week long down stretch is what's getting you down, dfeinitely take a breka now. After losing substantially the first two weeks of december, i stopped playing (with v. few exceeptions) till the 3rd week of january.

First week 'back' and i made more than 2x what i made in November.

Lloyd
02-09-2006, 03:59 PM
This was moved here from MTT. I didn't want to delete as there were already a couple of responses. I see the OP made another post here so perhaps one should be locked.

_TKO_
02-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Has your tilt been growing?
How often do you play?
How often do you need to play?

(copied from other thread)

_TKO_
02-09-2006, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This was moved here from MTT. I didn't want to delete as there were already a couple of responses. I see the OP made another post here so perhaps one should be locked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest locking the other one.

bernie
02-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Just because you're on a bad run doesn't mean you're on tilt.

[ QUOTE ]
I am trying to read this site and reread some books to get back my fundmentals

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than just taking a break from all things poker, this is a great start. If you have someone who's game you trust that you can talk to in person, that helps also.

b