PDA

View Full Version : NL50 1)AKs PF push and 2) Pushing turn w/combo draw. Ok?

NuclrFusion
02-06-2007, 09:19 PM
No reads here, just trying not to become passive in my down swing /images/graemlins/smile.gif. These hands look ok?

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $8.5</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $55.65</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB calls all-in $9.15</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG calls all-in $23.7</font>.
Uncalled bets: $31.95 returned to Hero.

I always see people do that limp-raise crap with 88/99, so I took a shot.

*EDIT: I have been raising alot Cbetting alot, sometimes taking it down, other times giving up on turn... I felt that a float was possible...
Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
100BB stacks
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($4.25, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($10.25, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $18</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $45.25</font>....

FalconTi0
02-06-2007, 09:25 PM
im interested to see some responses on the second hand. i call there a lot because no one really folds, but i dont know if this is right.

Keyser.
02-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Probably slow down a little in both hands. In hand 1 I think it's best to take a flop in position because the range he limp-reraises with is pretty narrow. My pokerstove is down but I think his range would have to start to include JJ/TT/AQ for it to be +EV and I don't really think it does.

The turn bet in hand 2 is good, but I'd prefer just calling the raise because you have very little fold equity and he's giving you good odds.

NuclrFusion
02-06-2007, 09:30 PM
I had just finished watching Clayton's video, and he was always saying "I'm playing this for stacks" when he had a big draw/combo draw. Of course he was running sick hot and always hit if they didnt fold, but I felt like being aggro.

See edit^^

Keyser.
02-06-2007, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had just finished watching Clayton's video, and he was always saying "I'm playing this for stacks" when he had a big draw/combo draw. Of course he was running sick hot and always hit if they didnt fold, but I felt like being aggro.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was saying that on the flop when he had two streets to hit the hand, not when he was on the turn. He was also saying it in spots where he would raise the flop and shove the turn, but that's different because he has more FE in that situation than you do here (mainly b/c after a turn c/r here villain generally has a very good hand and isn't folding).

NuclrFusion
02-06-2007, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was saying that on the flop when he had two streets to hit the hand, not when he was on the turn. He was also saying it in spots where he would raise the flop and shove the turn, but that's different because he has more FE in that situation than you do here (mainly b/c after a turn c/r here villain generally has a very good hand and isn't folding).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea you're right. TBH, I almost always call here, as during my last 6k hands I have been running bad and not hitting much so I haven't been aggressive with big draws (and by your explanation I think I was correct in playing like tht). I can see where this is a bit marginal.

Hank Scorpio
02-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Could you post the link to Clayton's video.

As for hand 1...I'm putting UTG on AA or the worst KK.

For hand 2...you weren't given the pot odds to call that re-raise on the turn, but with implied I think its +EV. I might just check that turn for the free card, though, for the simple fact that I think he was slowplaying a set on you with such a dry board on the flop.

Check_The_Nuts
02-06-2007, 10:34 PM
2nd hand - if you've been betting two streets a lot I don't like betting the turn as much, I'd just call as opposed to pushing. If you dont' usually bet the turn then its probably OK.

limp reraise I'd probably just call or fold, its a [censored] spot though....if shoving is wrong its probably not that wrong...

Keyser.
02-06-2007, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Could you post the link to Clayton's video.

[/ QUOTE ]

video here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NQY6B4HT

thread here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...0&amp;fpart=all (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Board=ssplnlpoker&amp;Number=895331 1&amp;page=0&amp;fpart=all)

Hank Scorpio
02-06-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm gonna make a video of me 4 tabling soon. My sick reads will blow your mind /images/graemlins/wink.gif...I'm hoping to make it of a session where I play well and only break even. I'm sick of every video having positive results.

thac
02-06-2007, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna make a video of me 4 tabling soon. My sick reads will blow your mind /images/graemlins/wink.gif...I'm hoping to make it of a session where I play well and only break even. I'm sick of every video having positive results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you possibly lose 3-4 buyins? That'd be a nice unique touch.

As for the hands, I feel hand 1 is okay if the reraiser is somewhat smart and knows what a squeeze play is, I'd say it's marginal to bad if he's a nit.

Hand 2, just call the check/raise because you have no fold equity and you almost certainly don't have the best hand with J high. You have 15 outs to hit and if you hit, villain will stack off. Save yourself the money that you shoved when you miss though.

NuclrFusion
02-06-2007, 11:21 PM
I'd like to add a vote for a losing video, I'm tired of watching the LAGs hit sets left and right while I miss and miss lol.

Thanks for the replys on the hands. Villain #1 wasn't nitty and I felt he might be annoyed with all my raising, so I don't think the shove was terrible, but I see where it isn't the best as well.

Villain #1 had 99 and it held up, and I DID NOT assume the mid pair read after the fact. I honestly have seen people do this with 77-TT more often than JJ+ (of course I know the classic limp-raise with AA, I just don't see it that often).

Hand 2, I had been check/folding alot of turns after Cbetting and getting called.
Villain #2 folded to my push /images/graemlins/smile.gif