PDA

View Full Version : ($5NL- 6Max) Bad Pos, TPGK + FD , monotone flop, multiway pot help

Desdia01
02-06-2007, 08:08 PM
I have just joined the table so no reads on villains. I'm always looking for the best way to handle playing hands like these.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($5.95)
UTG ($5.88)
MP ($11.68)
Button ($4.61)
SB ($5.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.05, MP calls $0.05, Button calls $0.05, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.25) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero?

Archon_Wing
02-06-2007, 08:46 PM
I bet around the pot, and hopefully nobody acts too strongly about it.

bmk67
02-06-2007, 09:03 PM
I lead with a PSB here, and hope no one raises. I don't want to play a big pot in this situation.

Desdia01
02-07-2007, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I lead with a PSB here, and hope no one raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you both see how this isn't good, especially when you're offering help/assistance. Being confident enough in your play to give advice, IMO, doesn't involve hoping for a particular reaction to not occur. If you're hoping, then that tells me you're not confident in the play.

roxtar
02-07-2007, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I lead with a PSB here, and hope no one raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you both see how this isn't good, especially when you're offering help/assistance. Being confident enough in your play to give advice, IMO, doesn't involve hoping for a particular reaction to not occur. If you're hoping, then that tells me you're not confident in the play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check call it all the way /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

deehell
02-07-2007, 07:58 AM
I would over bet the pot to about 0.40. If you get any action its time to close down. That’s what I do at 5NL in these situations were its impossible to know were you are.

This on most occasions make draws fold. It's most likely only a made hand would call.

bozzer
02-07-2007, 11:43 AM
I personally would bet hoping to three-bet. I think there's a decent chance a bet captures some dead money that a check-raise would not.

Edit: ok, I just realised that we have a sunshine flop in a multiway pot. I'd check and call.