PDA

View Full Version : ATs against kind of a big preflop raise

Peter
02-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Opponent had raised to 6 once earlier, didn't get to see his hand then. What's my plan, just fold preflop?

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $123.40
Button: $215.70
SB: $146.50
Peter: $125.45

Pre-flop: (4 players) Peter is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $6</font>, SB folds, Peter calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($12.5, 2 players)
Peter checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Peter raises to $14</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($40.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Peter bets $33</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $66</font>, Peter folds.
Uncalled bets: $33 returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: $106.5

SABR42
02-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Ugh... this is ugly.

Fold pre-flop. If you must play, re-pop him to $20.

HoldEmNewby
02-06-2007, 10:39 AM
i agree fold pre, with occassional re-pops.

as played:
flop is fine but turn bet stinks (donking the flop is no good as we will probably get raised and we'd be playing for a bigger pot with still no idea as to where we stand).

He mini-bets and calls a check-raise on the flop. That tells me he either has a monster or is doing a reverse float (i've seen a few villains do this where they keep sticking you with small bets and then bet large when the board gets scary, its FPS for sure but affective against a nit. FE + position + a bigger pot...YUM). Either way, we can discount a draw as his flop play is not consistent with one. Thats why I'm advocating checking the turn. Getting raised sucks nuts on that paired board and because this whole blind vs button battle is an exercise in feeling things out; just check and let him take the lead.