PDA

View Full Version : Re: NL100 Video :) #2!!!!

SpecT
02-06-2007, 08:51 AM
hey guys,

new vid here (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AOL52N9Y) dawgz

It's longer than the last one (55 mins) and i get into a few tough spots. Sorry for saying 'umm' too much in the video. i was orginally going to scrap it because of that, but there's some cool hands, and its pretty interesting so i kept it.

Btw, unlike last video that was pretty straight foward, in this one there will be some hands that i could of played differently/better, so im looking foward to getting some feedback from you guys.

Oh, and if ur looking for my first video, u can find it here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=microplnl&Number=9056650& Searchpage=1&Main=9036182&Words=+SpecT&topic=&Sear ch=true#Post9056650) , although its pretty boring and only 25 minutes long... it was only really a test vid, so, ah, yeah, go!

thac
02-06-2007, 08:52 AM
You rock bro, something to watch while I can't sleep. Hope this one is as good as your last one!

corsakh
02-06-2007, 08:58 AM
I like umms.

brandysbich
02-06-2007, 09:02 AM
I keep getting some megaupload page that wants me to download a toolbar....i'm not good with computers but whats a toolbar got to do with downloading a vid?

corsakh
02-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Toolbar is good for watching their banners. If you dont like banners, you can skip on toolbar.

munkey
02-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Man , so many videos to watch I've got a backlog now /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I will eventualy get round to downlaoding and watching it. Expect a thread bump in some time.

I watched your last 25min one, you seemed pretty solid, not sure if I would play 85s on the BTN but it worked.

Looking forward to seing how an SSNLer approaches some tricky situations.

IsaacAsimov
02-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Thx for the vid SpecT, but that site of yours is slightly annoying. Takes ages untill it lets me download.

holyfield5
02-06-2007, 04:16 PM
hmmmm im watching now, how did you fold those trip 6s!!! dont make the raise if not willing to go broke there. "see where im at" raises are bad imho

phil iveyND
02-06-2007, 04:36 PM
SpecT when i click on your link it brings me to MegaUpload.com and the video is listen on the bottom but it doesnt download. Can u help me please it's really pissing me off.

thac
02-06-2007, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hmmmm im watching now, how did you fold those trip 6s!!! dont make the raise if not willing to go broke there. "see where im at" raises are bad imho

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that was what it was. He was trying to get value from a draw or 77/88, but when villain almost minraised him, he could rule out a combo draw (because they want FE) and 77/88 because they wouldn't bet/3bet like that. There wasn't anything he was ahead of.

JaviSRK
02-06-2007, 05:34 PM
This video uses a Codec called TSCC (Techsmith Screen Capture Codec). I've never heard of it. Safe?

SpecT
02-07-2007, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
SpecT when i click on your link it brings me to MegaUpload.com and the video is listen on the bottom but it doesnt download. Can u help me please it's really pissing me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

wen u click on the link it should send u to a page where u have to enter a code in the top right. then in the next page ull have to wait like 30 seconds or something until you can download it.

SpecT
02-07-2007, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was raising for value, but that min re-raise really threw me off. Remember you can't just think about your cards, you also have to think about what they have. So wat could he have that we beat?<ul type="square">
Overpair? Unlikely, he probably would of raised preflop with 99+, so that leaves us with 77 and 88, but he wouldnt be min re-raising there, he'd probably be calling or raising big.
Combo Draw? Probably not, although at a stretch he maybe doing this with 5d7d if we're lucky, but we're flipping against that. Also you'd think if he had a combo draw you'd think he'd raise bigger to get some FE.
Worse Trips? 63,62... well there's only two worse than ours, and id doubt they'd min re-raise on such a drawy board.
A4? umm, lol
[/list]
i guess maybe, mayyyyybe, he could of been slowplaying a big pair, but once again, he'd not min re-raising with that

So now we beat a bluff... but if he'd gunna bluff like that then he probably deserves the pot /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I'd say though that he always has a fullhouse/better trips there and luckily i got away cheaply because of that retarded re-raise.

btw, i dont like rules like 'dont raise on the flop if your not willing to go broke'. this means your pot committed although you've only put 25% of your stack in, which is never good. I mean sure, if he just called i probably would of gone broke on later streets. But yeah, don't limit your game by following things like that, it doesn't allow you to be flexible when certain situations come up (like this one).

Oh also, i dont think information raises are bad at all. This one wasnt one (although mayb it was a value raise that turned into an information raise), but when I had the AK on the A high flop and the guy lead at me, that was some what of an information raise. If he came over the top, I would have re-evaluated, mayb calling or folding, im not sure. By raising though, i gained more information when he called. If i didnt raise on the flop, just called, i would have had nfi where i stood in the hand. And the pot was probably big enough to get me allin on the river. By raising, and him calling, i could squarely put him on a draw or worse king.

thanx for the response so far guys /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SpecT
02-07-2007, 05:06 AM
one last bumpidy bump bump, although you guys are probably getting annoyed with me now /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

iSTRONG
02-07-2007, 05:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This video uses a Codec called TSCC (Techsmith Screen Capture Codec). I've never heard of it. Safe?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

halperin
02-07-2007, 05:56 AM
is there no audio?&gt;

SpecT
02-07-2007, 05:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is there no audio?&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

there is audio. If it's not working for u, try it in windows media player. If that doesnt work, download this (http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp) codec

kerplunkNL
02-08-2007, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was raising for value, but that min re-raise really threw me off. Remember you can't just think about your cards, you also have to think about what they have. So wat could he have that we beat?<ul type="square">
Overpair? Unlikely, he probably would of raised preflop with 99+, so that leaves us with 77 and 88, but he wouldnt be min re-raising there, he'd probably be calling or raising big.
Combo Draw? Probably not, although at a stretch he maybe doing this with 5d7d if we're lucky, but we're flipping against that. Also you'd think if he had a combo draw you'd think he'd raise bigger to get some FE.
Worse Trips? 63,62... well there's only two worse than ours, and id doubt they'd min re-raise on such a drawy board.
A4? umm, lol
[/list]
i guess maybe, mayyyyybe, he could of been slowplaying a big pair, but once again, he'd not min re-raising with that

So now we beat a bluff... but if he'd gunna bluff like that then he probably deserves the pot /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I'd say though that he always has a fullhouse/better trips there and luckily i got away cheaply because of that retarded re-raise.

btw, i dont like rules like 'dont raise on the flop if your not willing to go broke'. this means your pot committed although you've only put 25% of your stack in, which is never good. I mean sure, if he just called i probably would of gone broke on later streets. But yeah, don't limit your game by following things like that, it doesn't allow you to be flexible when certain situations come up (like this one).

Oh also, i dont think information raises are bad at all. This one wasnt one (although mayb it was a value raise that turned into an information raise), but when I had the AK on the A high flop and the guy lead at me, that was some what of an information raise. If he came over the top, I would have re-evaluated, mayb calling or folding, im not sure. By raising though, i gained more information when he called. If i didnt raise on the flop, just called, i would have had nfi where i stood in the hand. And the pot was probably big enough to get me allin on the river. By raising, and him calling, i could squarely put him on a draw or worse king.

thanx for the response so far guys /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would've almost instapushed the flopped trips. But this explanation makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Overall, it was a very nice vid. At times I found you a little bit folding too much or not aggressive enough. Like in the first few minutes: you had xx and you raise it up in position preflop, some EP guy calls. Flop comes Kxx and the guy mindonkbets and you fold. Although this might not be a nig mistake, you raise that [censored] up! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The KK-hand was brutal.