PDA

View Full Version : TPmehK OOP against a serial stealer

Michael Fish
02-06-2007, 06:33 AM
The villan of had about a 70% attempt to steal and was running at 42/40 over a sample size of about 80. He was playing very LAG and had been caught out a few times. He looked a bit like a wreck waiting to happen.

He played aggressively in position with 100% cbets OTF generally shutting down and going into c/c mode if raised or bet into and raised all in on sucked out hands. I planned to call the pfr and see if i could hit a flop as i figured i well was inside his raise range of nearly any two and to junk it if I didn't hit. This isn't a ussual thing for me to do.

The c/r flop on the flop was meant to be pot sized the flop and hopefuly take it down and not give odds on a pos flush but clicked the wrong button (betpot AHK newbie) Whoops!

Given the flat call on the turn i asumed he had a ten or other pair with a weaker kicker as stronger holdings would have raised? So i figured i was good and pushed.

Comments welcomed, hurt me it's the only way I'll learn. I felt like it got messy after the flop.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($29.95)
CO ($42.75)
Button ($25.50)
Hero ($28.95)
BB ($17.95)
UTG ($24.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.65, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($1.75) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $1.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, CO calls $1.25.

Turn: ($6.75) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.2</font>, CO calls $4.20.

River: ($15.15) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $35.3</font>, Hero calls $0.75 (All-In).

Final Pot: $71.95

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qc Th (two pair, queens and tens).
CO has 4d Qd (two pair, queens and fours).
Outcome: Hero wins $58.15. CO wins $13.80. </font> /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

br.bm
02-06-2007, 08:04 AM
no results please

Don't mini reraise. It really sucks. You don't destroy any odds by this. You simply say "hey I got a nice hand, call me!"
Raise at least to $3,5 (raising to 3 times the bet is typical. So a standart raise would have been to 3,75)
You get more money in the pot if ahead, destroy the odds and if he reraises such a big raise you can fold with confidence.

turn and river are fine.

but fold this preflop! QT is garbage and it's even more garbage out of position. If you play back at those guys always make sure you have position!

Michael Fish
02-06-2007, 08:40 AM
please read my post

RickA
02-06-2007, 09:17 AM
I don't know why you thought it got messy, it seems to me like you are in control of the hand. What would you have lead the turn with if he had called your "pot sized" check raise?

eigenvalue
02-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Despite the misklick, you played that hand fine given your reads. Bad luck if he had a set or a straight. We have to deal with terrible bad beats occuring against donks from time to time.

Preflop: This is the only thing that's not ok here. If I want to play back against that type of player, I wouldn't try it with QTo. Use pocket pairs, suited aces (with his wide raising range, having an A heads up against him is very important). And in every orbit you have 4 hands where you have position on him and only 2 hands where he has position on you. I would try to get his money in position and try to stop him stealing my BB only with stronger hands than QTo.

Michael Fish
02-06-2007, 09:44 AM
You're right, I think i was a little phased after the flop incident. I'm pretty sure I'd have just won it right there. I think i'd have been a little more wary of betting the turn and probably suspecting he could hold an A10 K10 type hand c/c. Given a turn raise would have been out of character. If it was a safeish river I'd have to seriously think about what to do next.

Do you think that line would have been to passive? Thanks a for making me think about all this it's a real help.

Yeah the call wasn't fantastic 57.291% against a random range in poker stove. I'm glad that you think the postflop is ok, i kind of played tryed it in a similar way to TPTK.