PDA

View Full Version : Gravitos...or how to win or lose some drinking money

KungFuManchu
02-06-2007, 04:54 AM
Couple Blue Moons into a session (for those not in the know, Blue Moon is one of the most killer beers ever). No reads except hes not crazy and I was pretty damn sure he didnt have the King or flush. Keep up the commitment and consistency?

I found the hand intresting, but it could have been a you-had-to-be-there type things.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.5 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($26)
SB ($45.25)
BB ($95.5)
Hero ($98.5)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($4.25) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, SB calls $3.

Turn: ($10.25) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, SB calls $9.5

River: ($34.25) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero...

TheSalche
02-06-2007, 04:58 AM
How do you figure he doesn't have the king or the flush here? I was going to say he clearly has both, but I think you could get him to fold the flush. You either shove or check behind here given his stack size, I don't know how much I like the shove w/o the hand here. You gotta win it a lot for this move to be profitable.

BTW: blue moon is a great beer, but I dunno if I'd use the word "killer" to describe it.

MFpoker
02-06-2007, 04:59 AM
fold so he never gets to see your cards. lol

KungFuManchu
02-06-2007, 05:08 AM
Killer, okay, you are probaboly right on that.

As for the flush and king thing, I just felt the king would either play a little more aggressive or bet more on the turn, and unless he has something like KJ or KTs it didnt strike me as a hand hed have. as for the flush, when he bet small (if he didnt have a king and it didnt seem like it) his bet either represents what it is, weaker or he is inducing me to put in more money which seems to happen on occasion. when he didnt reraise or bet the river I thinking it strengthen my feeling I had intially of AQ type hand or possibly something like JJ-TT with a diamond.

I guess if i felt that way the river question solves it self, but you are right as I have to win it a good amount of the time.

he also took some time to call the turn.

KungFuManchu
02-06-2007, 05:10 AM
Okay, i guess I should have asked this in the first place.

just for the sake of pretend, say u think its more likely that you belive he has a Q or JJ-TT with a diamond over a King or flush. what do u do on the river

kabouter
02-06-2007, 05:32 AM
I'd say this guy wants you to bluf.

Sir Winalot
02-06-2007, 11:18 AM
You can keep your $28 or lose, it's up to you. He's not folding a K/Q there ever. Stop drinking while you play.

KungFuManchu
02-06-2007, 02:33 PM
probably a silly hand to post as its like wtf. the question I was more intrested in was does he fold a possible pp here or a Q. Wasnt sure about the Q, AQ could def be calling there with the double paired board figuring I either got it, or Im FOS.

anyway on the turn, he took a while to call. river he checks, I push he almost times out and calls with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif. I dont hate my play, I just went with my read, river is tough imo if you feel one way and the board is pretty gross. Also the board double pairing, i think makes it easier for a Q to call, so I was def thinking of checking behind. anyway.

turns out he was a good guy to value bet the hell out of. But up until this hand, and after, I had a different impression.

Wolfram
02-06-2007, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River: ($34.25) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero lights money on fire by bluffing a calling-station

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't worry KFManchu, I used to pull the same type of move (we all did). Just remember that before you read the hand, you have to read the opponent, and some opponents just won't fold.