PDA

View Full Version : dawade's SSNL Progress Report (please read/critique)

dawade
01-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Well, at the end of November I was so frustrated with my limit game and being sucked out on constantly that I decided to try rakeback with Caribbean Sun, clear a few bonuses, and then see what happens.

As it worked out, however, I've fallen in love with SSNL. I started with roughly $125 dollars at the end of November with no real concept of NL play. I got lucky as hell. I banged things out until I got to near $500 and swapped my cash over to Party Poker where I've been playing for the last few weeks. I took a shot at $50NL once I got up to $700 and I did very well at first, skyrocketing up to 1k within 2-3 days. But then bad cards, bad plays, and bad beats cost me and now I'm back down to around $800 and $25NL.

So, after 10,472 hands here are my stats. Criticism is welcomed.

VP$IP--16.00
BB/100--7.48
Went to SD--21.77
Won $ at SD--59.91
PFR--8.06

I feel I've done some good things since November, but at the same time I'd like to continue to grow as a player and keep moving up and making that money!

Oh and before I forget, special thanks to DJSensei and Clayton for chatting/talking strat/keeping me sane.

Happy New Year everyone!

Isura
01-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Good job. Keep working on your game and the money will come. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

beavens
01-03-2006, 06:20 PM
i assume this is full ring?

Mercman572
01-03-2006, 07:13 PM
you play super squeaky tight for 25NL. It's not bad, just not optimal. It will be hard to lose significant amounts at 50NL with those numbers.

elus2
01-03-2006, 07:16 PM
what's your range of hands in various positions, what types of hands are you completing in SB, etc. how quickly do you fold to aggression postflop in position and out of position and versus different opponent types? gl at the tables.

Foghatlive
01-03-2006, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, at the end of November I was so frustrated with my limit game and being sucked out on constantly that I decided to try rakeback with Caribbean Sun, clear a few bonuses, and then see what happens.

As it worked out, however, I've fallen in love with SSNL. I started with roughly $125 dollars at the end of November with no real concept of NL play. I got lucky as hell. I banged things out until I got to near $500 and swapped my cash over to Party Poker where I've been playing for the last few weeks. I took a shot at $50NL once I got up to $700 and I did very well at first, skyrocketing up to 1k within 2-3 days. But then bad cards, bad plays, and bad beats cost me and now I'm back down to around $800 and $25NL.

So, after 10,472 hands here are my stats. Criticism is welcomed.

VP$IP--16.00
BB/100--7.48
Went to SD--21.77
Won $ at SD--59.91
PFR--8.06

I feel I've done some good things since November, but at the same time I'd like to continue to grow as a player and keep moving up and making that money!

Oh and before I forget, special thanks to DJSensei and Clayton for chatting/talking strat/keeping me sane.

Happy New Year everyone!

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that much of the work in determining optimal stats is yet to be done.

For example, your 60% win rate at showdown looks good at first glance, but is it when you take into account your 16% VP$IP? Given your tightness, you're starting out as the favorite most of the time, and you should be winning a lot of showdowns.

I'm still pretty new to Pokertracker, but once I get more advanced, hopefuly, I'll be able to answer these questions.

dawade
01-04-2006, 01:28 AM
EP: I'm usually raising with AA-JJ, AK, AQ
MP: AA-TT, AK, AQ, AJ, ATs (if first one in)
LP: AA-99, AK-A8s, suited connectors 56s and above
SB, BB: AA-JJ, AK, AQs (maybe too tight here)

I'll usually call with any pair in any position, any two suited connectors above 34s in middle position on. I also will call with KQs in EP on and I will call with KQ or KJ in MP sometimes and sometimes just in LP.

How loose are you guys playing here? What should I do to loosen up PF?