PDA

View Full Version : 25NL - AQ gets me into trouble

Entropy4
02-05-2007, 11:40 PM
$25NL - 9-handed on Bodog.

Hero is UTG with about $20.00 and A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="red">raises to $1.25</font>.
Villain with about $30.00 in MP calls $1.25.

Reads: Villain is LAG, and has bluffed a lot.

Flop comes 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (Pot = $3.10).

Hero checks.
<font color="red">Villain bets $3.50</font>.
<font color="red">Hero raises $9.00</font>.
Villain goes into the tank and calls $9.00 at the last second.

Turn is 10/images/graemlins/club.gif (Pot = $21.10)

Hero checks.
<font color="red">Villain goes all-in ($8.93 to Hero)</font>

Hero?

KurtSF
02-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Hero...

mucks and swears silently to himself never to semi-bluff into a paired board with straight and flush draws out holding nothing but unsuited overs.

KurtSF
02-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Actually, now that I think about it he could call too with the OESD. But he still has to swear to never make that bluff again.

gir
02-06-2007, 12:42 AM
Yeah...don't mess with lags or they'll mess with you. Hell! It's our game plan!

Luckyspikes
02-06-2007, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero...

mucks and swears silently to himself never to semi-bluff into a paired board with straight and flush draws out holding nothing but unsuited overs.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1. Very bad flop for bluffing.

Nocturnal
02-06-2007, 06:08 AM
If you're bluffing this flop, which I think is horrible, I think you really have to follow through on the turn. Especially on a turn that actually improves your hand such as this one.

JadeRedstone
02-06-2007, 06:40 AM
If you're going to bluff do it by leading the flop. At this levels people are not good enough to give credit to a c/r.

Entropy4
02-06-2007, 01:30 PM
After sleeping on it, I look back and am sure I was tilting this hand. This villain had just pushed me out of a pot earlier when I had a big hand. I was low on sleep and playing too emotionally.

For what it's worth, I called his all-in, because I was getting pot-odds with the open-ended straight draw and Ace overcard (I was positive he didn't have a 9). He turned over a QTo. I'm still annoyed he called me so light pre-flop, but he was getting odds on his open-ended straight draw when I check-raised him, so can't blame him. I was an idiot.

For the record I didn't hit an ace or king and was stacked. Unfortunately, it'd be another hour and $10 before I finally went to bed. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

jmc999
02-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Can't think about hands in terms of being good or bad once the flop hits -- just because they made a mistake preflop, doesn't mean you should make bigger mistakes postflop and blame them for playing QTo.

I'd say there are 2 things you can do on that flop:
1. Bet
2. Check/fold

Check-raising the flop and check/calling the turn seem pretty bad. If you're gonna check raise, lead the turn unless you want to fold the turn.