PDA

View Full Version : 50NL, 44 flops set on A-high board. donk vs c/r

_TKO_
02-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Villian is 20/12/2.5, but otherwise unknown.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $18.80
UTG+1: $58.95
CO: $30
Button: $95.40
Hero: $55.95
BB: $80.40

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif
2 folds, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $2</font>, Hero calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($5, 2 players)
Hero ...

Panthro
02-05-2007, 11:41 PM
bleh, both lines have their merits. Donking an A high flop usually gets a fold from a non Ace hand; if not on the flop then almost certainly on the turn. Against an aggromonkey, leading the flop could possibly induce a flop bluffraise and even another bullet on the turn.

On the other hand, c/r'ing *may* scare him away from Ax if he's a solid player postflop. If he has air and won't make ridiculous bluffs, a cbet is probably all you're going to get from him anyhow.

bsheck
02-06-2007, 12:02 AM
I think leading small is the best play. Make a half pot bet of $2.50 and make it look like you have a weak ace and are trying to find out where you're at. If he raises you can probably get it all-in on the turn. If he calls you will probably have to settle for a small victory. If he folds that sucks, but you can make a note of that and lead much weaker hands against him and be able to come in with a lot of marginal hands OOP against him.

KurtSF
02-06-2007, 01:04 AM
This is a blind battle where you have a monster. My opinion is that:

If checked to villain will bet with or without an ace. If bet into villain will fold without an ace.

If he has the ace he will call or raise a donkbet. If he doesn't he will fold to a donkbet.

Also, c/r is very strong, and will likely end the hand there, so I think you call his c-bet only.

At that point getting the turn checked though would be bad, so I have to lead the turn, and go from there.

Is this FPS?

Check_The_Nuts
02-06-2007, 01:10 AM
donk or check/call lead. I really think check raising will only extract from AK. Depends a ton on your stats tho and what you normally do when defending.