PDA

View Full Version : Ultra scare card + minraise

Roadstar
02-05-2007, 09:41 PM
No solid read on villain - seems loose passive, haven't seen him raise much preflop. Haven't seen him play enough post flop yet, somewhat passive is my guess.

6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ($5, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4.75</font>, CO calls, 3 folds.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($14.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $12</font>, CO calls.

River: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($38.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $20</font>, Hero really wants to call minraise.

I think everything standard until the river, we have to lead here to get some value from A8s or 99+ right? Can we call this jackass of a minraise?

and12006
02-05-2007, 10:08 PM
I think with the pot odds it's a called if he is raising with a overpair of A8 but then again he could have the straight, I'd call it though with those pot odds.

Xanta
02-05-2007, 10:49 PM
I like everything up until the river, but if I were villain and saw you bet 1/4 pot on the river I'm raising you with any two cards. Your hand is rarely a straight (Unless you have A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif or something) and the tiny bet screams 'Please sir, I'd like to see a cheap showdown!' IMO your hand is face up as a flopped two pair or set that is now terrified.

He raised as expected, but given that he minraised, I don't think that he wants you to fold here and I swear and fold on the river despite the delicious odds.

I would have bet $25 or something like that and folded to a raise; still a blocker but less of an obviously desperate one. Gross spot though.

Edit: Villain doesn't have A8 or an overpair here unless he's the worst poker player ever.

eviljeff
02-06-2007, 12:52 AM
stack sizes?

if you're going to bet, definitely bet more on the river so you can fold to any raise. you could consider check/calling as well, but I think bet/fold is right depending on stacks. as played, river is a call.

Roadstar
02-06-2007, 01:02 AM
Sorry - I had around $53, villain had me covered. As played I did call, however I'm interested in what you think the best river line is before I release results.

Thanks,

[ QUOTE ]
stack sizes?

if you're going to bet, definitely bet more on the river so you can fold to any raise. you could consider check/calling as well, but I think bet/fold is right depending on stacks. as played, river is a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

eviljeff
02-06-2007, 03:17 AM
hmmm, so 33 behind and pot is 39. blah, there's no decent bet/fold amount. looks like a check call.

Roadstar
02-06-2007, 08:58 AM
So we call bets up to 1/2 PSB or something like that? The check/call is meant to induce a bluff from busted club draws and maybe a bet from 2 pair (like 76)?

I did call, villain showed TT, MHIG. Any specific suggestions on how to exploit villains like these?

Thanks

avfletch
02-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Looks fine up until the end. I'd check and call on the end. It's not very likely he has a 5 or diamond flush so I'm looking to induce a bluff and not fold out all the holdings that I beat.

If he's really passive and pushes on the end I might let this go but we've charged him plenty that it doesn't suck to get it allin here if he lucked out.

munkey
02-06-2007, 09:16 AM
I'm going to c/fold to any decent bets, I'm pretty sure your toast unless you think he would slowplay a high PP on that dangerous board. I expect to see a 1card str8 more often than not, 78 2pair is possible and a flush.