PDA

View Full Version : Blocking bet on river here?

AshleyC
02-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Other player was 21/19, AF of 4.

Do we check fold the river, or make some sort of blocking bet? At the river my stack size was approx $37. If I make a blocking bet of even $10, I will be getting about 3:1 if he pushes, giving me a real problem, even though I know that I don't really beat any hand that pushes. The timing and size of his bet when he made it really made me think that it was a bluff KT possibly or KQ knowing that it is unlikely good. I'm pretty sure that JQ makes more of a value bet wanting to be called, especially as there was a backdoor flush. As aggressive as he is I'm sure that he re-raises PF with JJ and QQ. J /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif or K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif are possibilities but again doesnt he make a smaller river bet?

Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $50
Button: $49.92
SB: $50.30
BB: $39.50

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is UTG with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero raises to $2, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4.75, 2 players)
Hero bets $3.5, Button calls.

Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ($11.75, 2 players)
Hero bets $8, Button calls.

River: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ($27.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button is all-in $36.42, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $36.42 returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: $27.75

davidyang
02-05-2007, 08:37 PM
I think a blocking bet would be good here. If he pushes over it, I really wouldn't have a problem folding even with the great odds unless you had some other read.

AshleyC
02-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Thinking more about this hand, should I check the turn for pot control and then then make a value bet on the river if he checks behind?

KurtSF
02-05-2007, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thinking more about this hand, should I check the turn for pot control and then then make a value bet on the river if he checks behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

No!

A bazzillion draws out. Bet while your hand is good.

And on the river a bazzillion draws just came in. Fold this, no worries.

and12006
02-05-2007, 09:23 PM
I might raise the rvr but for sure fold to a raise he could have a lot of things that have you beat. I might of PSB the turn to see if he really has a hand or is just drawing.