PDA

View Full Version : TPTK on mostly dry but two-flush board

DMoogle
02-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Too tight fold? Villian has lag stats (27%/13%/5.0). I think he'd raise the flop if he had the flush, and if he had a naked queen he'd either raise flop or simply call the turn. Still... too tight?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $27.85
BTN: $24.35
SB: $43.9
BB: $12.15
Hero (UTG): $45.65
MP: $25.80

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.35, 6 players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, MP folds, CO folds, BTN calls $0.85, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2.05, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, BTN calls $1.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif [9/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($5.05, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $9</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $6 returned to BTN

<font color="black">River:</font> 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif [] ($11.05, 1 players)
No action

thac
02-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Baluga Theorem - if top pair gets raised on the turn, it's not good. I think checking the turn here is fine since you have the As, it makes it less likely he's drawing to a flush, and if he is, it's not the nut flush. I don't know that you get a whole lot of value out of a hand other than KQ that you're ahead of other than draws. Check/calling the turn seems to be okay IMO?