PDA

View Full Version : Back to basics... flopped top two, terrible turn

DMoogle
02-05-2007, 06:03 PM
After a while of feeling like I simply have lost my touch (and a month and a half or so long break), I've decided to move down to $25NL and re-evaluate my game. Anyway, how's my play in this hand? That's probably the worst turn card possible. Just sat down at the table, no reads.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $39.05
MP: $26.85
CO: $50.60
Hero (BTN): $25.25
SB: $26.25
BB: $24.4

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.35, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, SB folds, BB calls $0.60

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.8, 2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1.80</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, BB calls $4.20

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif [K/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($13.8, 2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets $8</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $8 returned to BB

<font color="black">River:</font> T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif [] ($13.8, 1 players)
No action

MFpoker
02-05-2007, 06:27 PM
no hand.

btw, i'm in the same situation and i'm moving down. i'm going to make a thread about it.

Vyse
02-05-2007, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After a while of feeling like I simply have lost my touch (and a month and a half or so long break), I've decided to move down to $25NL and re-evaluate my game. Anyway, how's my play in this hand? That's probably the worst turn card possible. Just sat down at the table, no reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand?

DMoogle
02-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Sorry guys, I'm a moron. Hand's there now.

thac
02-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah I agree, I think the turn is a definite fold. You could probably squeeze in more on the flop though. 7 or 7.25 will get called just as easily. Folding on the turn is completely fine though.

KurtSF
02-05-2007, 06:56 PM
How often does BB fold to a blind-steal? If its &lt;60% fold preflop.

Otherwise, nice fold, reload, try again.

Vyse
02-05-2007, 06:59 PM
standard

Voy Por Ustedes
02-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Good fold probably.

You really can't beat yourself up about this kind of thing; the turn brings probably the worst card possible out of the 47 that you might expect to see and I think you responded in the optimum way. This is good for you.

DMoogle
02-05-2007, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good fold probably.

You really can't beat yourself up about this kind of thing; the turn brings probably the worst card possible out of the 47 that you might expect to see and I think you responded in the optimum way. This is good for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't (beating myself up). I've played enough hands so that something as trivial as this isn't going to put me on tilt /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I was just making sure this was a standard hand.

[ QUOTE ]
How often does BB fold to a blind-steal? If its &lt;60% fold preflop.

Otherwise, nice fold, reload, try again.

[/ QUOTE ]
Folding QTo OTB after it's been folded around? I think that's too tight, even though QTo are arguably the worst broadway hole cards, they still have strength, and the buttom adds SIGNIFICANTLY to that strength.

KurtSF
02-05-2007, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Folding QTo OTB after it's been folded around? I think that's too tight,

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, depends on the BB. If you have some FE its not a horrible hand to play in position. If BB is an R-Tard that will call with ATC, its not a good hand to get into a battle over against a moron. Your c-bet won't carry much weight, you'll have to hit to win, and god knows what he's holding.

Doesn't sound fun.