PDA

View Full Version : Water into wine, magic or science ?

Infinest
02-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Can someone please explain exactly how Jesus turned water into wine? Did he add the proper substances to water in the correct amounts or was some other method used. Please explain in detail. Thanks

God bless !

KUJustin
02-05-2007, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Matthew 17:20 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=47&chapter=17&version=31)

[/ QUOTE ]

kurto
02-05-2007, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Matthew 17:20 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=47&chapter=17&version=31)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words... its bullsh**.

No matter what your faith, you can pray all you want and no mountain will move.

Piers
02-05-2007, 02:43 PM
He ordered the wine in advanced without telling the other guests about it. Then when it arrived someone joked that he had turned the water into wine and it kind of stuck.

FortunaMaximus
02-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Something like that.

Marriage At Cana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_at_Cana)

Which reminds me, I do have to get some more today. Thanks, OP.

vhawk01
02-05-2007, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He ordered the wine in advanced without telling the other guests about it. Then when it arrived someone joked that he had turned the water into wine and it kind of stuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

My buddy turned 4 dollars in change into a large pepperoni and breadsticks one night when we were really wasted. To this day I don't know how he did it.

NotReady
02-05-2007, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've moved several mountains in my life through faith. Unfortunately they were really just foothills. The Himalayas loom large on the horizon - miles to go before I sleep.

chezlaw
02-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Bath water into beer was a good one. Saint Bernadette I think? Popular lass I guess.

chez

FortunaMaximus
02-05-2007, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've moved several mountains in my life through faith. Unfortunately they were really just foothills. The Himalayas loom large on the horizon - miles to go before I sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. Chandigarh. Might take up to a thousand years tho.

flipdeadshot22
02-05-2007, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone please explain exactly how Jesus turned water into wine? Did he add the proper substances to water in the correct amounts or was some other method used. Please explain in detail. Thanks

God bless !

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too sure, i've always wondered how much faries weighed too, and what apparatus they use for propulsion (the wing theory seems a bit unrealistic, since they'd need to consume copious amounts of energy to stay aflight.)

Piers
02-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Just think, if the off license had delivered the wine on time, the last 2000 years might have been totally different.

vhawk01
02-06-2007, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

God bless !

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too sure, i've always wondered how much faries weighed too, and what apparatus they use for propulsion (the wing theory seems a bit unrealistic, since they'd need to consume copious amounts of energy to stay aflight.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but you think bee flight is impossible too.

flipdeadshot22
02-06-2007, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

God bless !

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but you think bee flight is impossible too.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is this "bee" you speak of? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Alex-db
02-06-2007, 09:40 AM
After 300 years of chinese whispers, these home wine-making kits (http://www.brew-it-yourself.co.uk/shop/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/279) start to work instantaneously.

http://www.brew-it-yourself.co.uk/shop/catalog/images/winekits75.gif

Shadowrun
02-06-2007, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

God bless !

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not even the first man to do that per say.
There are lots of stories about other people doing the same (at least in the jewish faith)

bocablkr
02-06-2007, 10:49 AM
What makes you believe it ever happened?

carlo
02-06-2007, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's not even the first man to do that per say.
There are lots of stories about other people doing the same (at least in the jewish faith)

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to hear this for my understanding is that he was acting in the Jewish tradition and in fact demurred when speaking to his mother "Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour has not yet come".

This type of "miracle" can only be considered within the exegesis of that time in which today we would call "occult" or "esoteric" or "hidden knowledge". This type of knowledge is not that which is kept secret in societies for a select few but is that of the "hidden" in Man which is available for all to reach.

DavidC
02-08-2007, 05:37 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Giotto_-_Scrovegni_-_-24-_-_Marriage_at_Cana.jpg

leftmost dude with the stuff around his head...

why is the stuff around his head different than the stuff around everyone else's head?

Just curious. If anyone actually know anything about this please feel free to let me know. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

revots33
02-08-2007, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

God bless !

[/ QUOTE ]

Same way he fed 5,000 people with 5 loaves and 2 fishes. His dad helped him out.