PDA

View Full Version : General question, playing better with big stacks

02-05-2007, 10:59 AM
This is a general question. I usualy play much better when having big stacks 200bb+ on tables. When playing long sessions, and my stack starts growing in propotion to the max buy in for the table I play so much better, and usualy just make more and more $. On the other hand I often start of loosing or stay breakeven for a long time when only having the normal max buy in.

My guess is that lot`s of fish don`t play bigstacks good and you stack them eventualy when they make mistakes adding more $.
I play Tag 20/13/2.7 and probably people give you even more respect, and lay down better hands when your stealing, CB etc..

Wonder if other 2+2s experience same ?

SpecT
02-05-2007, 11:56 AM
yeah deepstacked poker is good because you have more room to make plays, although i guess down here that's not always a good thing. Basically though, if u have an edge, then ur going to get a larger $ return the deeper stacked. Also, if u adapt better to deep stacked poker compared to the fish (which isnt too hard to do) then you'll see ur winrate skyrocket.

KurtSF
02-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Small sample size warning, but right now I feel like deepstack is a license to print money. I'm running about 40 ptBB/100 over 2k hands at the 200BB tables.

First, the deep stacks let me play my game. I'm pretty classic TAG, and very Tai Chi about applying pressure then disappearing. 100BB deep once I throw in a big bet or two all of a sudden my mediocre hand looks committed to the pot, and I push or call when I shouldn't. 200BB deep I'm not committed and can continue to take the "right" line.

Second, OMG are the players bad. Don't know when to push. Don't know when to drop. You get paid so very well for making hands. Just the other day I took an entire 200BB stack off someone when he hit a pair of twos on the flop holding 72o. Yeah, I 3banged it preflop to like 40BBs, and got called all the way.

I almost want to delete this post because its so lucrative for me playing these games, but whatever. Yeah, playing deepstack is awesome.

lynxman73
02-05-2007, 01:44 PM
man just push every hand preflop and you'll double up eventually....then you can play some pokah!

Esection
02-05-2007, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, playing deepstack is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you. I ran around 18 PTBB/100 on a particular level of deepstack FT tables for around 35k hands before moving up. People seriously give away their money.

One aspect of importance that took me a bit to figure out is pot control. Even though i was crushing the game, i was stacking off 3-4 times per session (and making it back other places) - which basically equated to 6-8 full buy-ins. Knowing how to manipulate pot size is an essential element of deepstacked play, since you do NOT want to be playing for a 300-400BB pot with marginal holdings. Getting caught in one of those situations is quite painful...