PDA

View Full Version : 50NL. Hit trips, action on the river.

Alexey
02-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $91.35
BTN: $7.95
Hero (SB): $49.25
BB: $51.75
UTG: $45.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.75, 5 players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.25, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [4/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($2, 4 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1</font>, BB calls $1, CO calls $1, BTN calls $1

<font color="black">River:</font> Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif [5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($6, 4 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $8</font>, CO folds, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero ...?
I am beating most of Qs, but I dont have tne nuts. Call or reraise? If raise then how much?

raistlinx
02-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Without any read on the BB I say there is a good chance you are beat. You only have 4BB invested in this pot and BB's play says he either has a monster or a bluff.

Definately not a reraise and I'm not sure if I even like a call if you don't have a read on him.

I am curious what he had.

redCashion
02-05-2007, 09:19 AM
I would bet the flop, there is enough out there that people will call with their broadway straight draws and their Jacks. Bet more than half pot on turn, and if you get raised on the river just call. I don't push there unless I have a read that the player is really weak and will overplay his hands.

flo
02-05-2007, 09:23 AM
I usually raise this pf, i want it HU. Not sure if that's all that great though. And you don't want ppl who raise cbets.

Pls bet the flop (1.2-1.5 or something), you want money from the worse Q, jacks, PPs or frisky draws.

Alexey
02-05-2007, 09:24 AM
I pushed. He had QJ. I remember another hand very similar to this, but that time villain had QT and I won, so I think it is close play. But your reasoning sems to be more +ev. Thank you all.

raistlinx
02-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Yeah, that sucks. I think this hand has to be very read dependent. If you don't have one it might be best to let it go.

Another thought is that this is a marginal hand by the river here. If you check call you might induce a bluff but if you bet and get raised you are more likely to be beat.

raistlinx
02-05-2007, 09:44 AM
I don't think the pf raise is good. If someone calls you are no usually no better than a coin flip and have a big problem if the flop comes something like Q87 with a flush draw and there is any action.