PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 NL B&M Couple of Hands

MediaPA
02-05-2007, 08:34 AM
Well, since things have become slightly more painful on the internet, I haven't been playing as much, probably pretty basic questions on the only 2 hands I kind of rolled the dice during my last session.

I have a stack of about $200, BB Covers.
He raises to 10 pre-flop. One other limper calls, and I call with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Flop is J/images/graemlins/spade.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB leads for 30, MP folds, I decide that I'm willing to semi-bluff and make it 120 to go.

My read on BB was two broadway cards or big ace, he had made many raises to $10 in the session, just seemed like a pot sweetener, not an isolation bet. I didn't really want to mess with him, but he seemed loose (not overly aggressive). I wanted to let him know that I was willing to go to the felt with the hand. Good/Bad?

Other hand is a boring AA hand.
Five limpers or so. I pop it to 17 from the BB to try and thin the fleld. I get one caller. Effective stacks - ~$300

Thoughts on the player, fairly typical younger player who seemed to think of himself as a 'pro.' Seemed to play a fairly weak/passive game, but he was selectively aggressive when he thought he could take a pot down with a raise (mainly on the turn or river). He had been taking a beating during the session though.

Flop come T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif
I open for $25. He raises to $75 straight. I have the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. What's the best play here?

Better to call, and re-evaluate on a turn card, shove, or other. Does having the ace of hearts help the decision here? Sorry, I'm a bit rusty lately

Praetor
02-05-2007, 01:23 PM
#1 fold preflop, just shove instead of leaving 70 behind

#2 i just shove