PDA

View Full Version : NL50. KJ in the BB. Turn raise allin - how to respond?

Alexey
02-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $70.10
CO: $54.85
BTN: $23.95
SB: $7.25
Hero (BB): $49.5
UTG: $68.30

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, MP calls $2, CO folds, BTN calls $2, SB calls $1.75, Hero calls $1.50
I call here because of great odds.
<font color="black">Flop:</font> 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($10, 5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif [9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($10, 5 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.50</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="red">BTN raises all in to $21.95</font>, SB folds, [i]Hero...?
I have just sat down at this table so no reads. When villain moved allin other guy said in chat: "call him"

Voy Por Ustedes
02-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Without any solid read on this player you can't really call, although the action is very fishy.

I fold this preflop especially in the first few orbits for this very reason...

jpc001
02-05-2007, 09:12 AM
call me nitty, but this is the exact reason why I don't play KJo to an UTG raise. I understand that there are a lot of callers before you, so you may call because you're getting the odds to do so, but usually KJ is a hand that has great reverse implied odds. Even if you flop a K, with a PFR+lots of callers there's a chance that you may be outkicked, etc.

Turn without reads I think is a fold. Find a better spot vs. this shorty.

raistlinx
02-05-2007, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
call me nitty, but this is the exact reason why I don't play KJo to an UTG raise. I understand that there are a lot of callers before you, so you may call because you're getting the odds to do so, but usually KJ is a hand that has great reverse implied odds. Even if you flop a K, with a PFR+lots of callers there's a chance that you may be outkicked, etc.

Turn without reads I think is a fold. Find a better spot vs. this shorty.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Son_Of_Arathorn
02-05-2007, 10:39 AM
first: don't take advice from anyone telling you what to do at the table

second: fold this pre flop and fold it to the turn raise.

ama0330
02-05-2007, 10:47 AM
I fold this one preflop. As for the turn the lead is a bit meh given that you are so easily dominated, I think I like just checking this one to the river. Thats basically the reason that you should be folding pre, you really need a straight to make any money out of this hand in a raised pot, so just dump it.

Easy turn fold. Oh and never listen to what anyone says on the table.