PDA

View Full Version : Smaller Full House on AA22x Live

TomBrooks
02-05-2007, 03:10 AM
.10/.25 Home Game 6 handed

I have about $50 and UTG has me covered.

UTG seems like a decent player and has some Atlantic City experience. First time this game is being run and us guys got together.

I have 2X in the BB.

Preflop: 3 limp and I check.

Flop: Pot $1. AA2 two suited
I bet $1. UTG calls, someone else calls, 1 fold.

Turn: Pot $2. AA22
I bet $2, UTG calls, 1 fold.

River: HU. Pot $6. X flush card
I bet $5, UTG raises to $15, Hero...

kerplunkNL
02-05-2007, 08:10 AM
If UTG is a decent player, wouldn't he raise/fold Ax in EP? Still, I think I just call here.

Sir Winalot
02-05-2007, 08:24 AM
I don't think leading the flop is a great idea there because you won't get called by worse hands often (depends a little on your kicker, but usually not) and you probably won't fold out pocket pairs unless you 2nd-barrel.

I would probably call the river because if villain is a decent player I think he'd put in a raise somehwere with an A. Sure you could be zeeboed there, but I think this is a bluff/weaker hand often enough to call.

Sir Winalot
02-05-2007, 08:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If UTG is a decent player, wouldn't he raise/fold Ax in EP? Still, I think I just call here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just call? I don't think raising is an option here, if that's what you thought. Decen't players don't limp UTG with 2x and he won't call a river re-raise without a fullhouse.

TomBrooks
02-05-2007, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think leading the flop is a great idea there because you won't get called by worse hands often

[/ QUOTE ] Most of these guys we're pretty loose callers-- perhaps I should have mentioned that in my reads. That being said, I was mostly hoping there we're no higher pocket pairs because as you said they would not fold. With my flop bet, I would have been satisfied to pick up the pot right there getting 1:1 with the bet and I thought there was a decent chance of that. I probably wouldn't fire again on the turn if another two hadn't come there.

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably call the river because if villain is a decent player I think he'd put in a raise somehwere with an A.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the two hadn't paired on the turn, an Ace might put in a raise there; but when the two pairs, an ace has the near nuts. Don't you think a raise on the turn then practically screams Ace so most Aces might wait until the river?

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably call the river...Sure you could be zeeboed there, but I think this is a bluff/weaker hand often enough to call.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's interesting. For someone to raise without the ace they would have to think I don't have one and I don't have a two.

It seems to me incredible someone would raise there without an ace.

I folded and Villain showed a flush. I was flabbergasted.