PDA

View Full Version : KK qqx flop, do i value bet this river or check behind

halperin
02-05-2007, 03:02 AM
Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $25
Hero: $26.90
SB: $48.20
BB: $80.05

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2.6, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($6.6, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($6.6, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $11</font>,

Results:
Final pot: $28.6

and12006
02-05-2007, 03:12 AM
What do you put villian on I mean he could have AQ suited I guess. I'd still bet that amount on flop and maybe a PSB on the turn or 3/4 if he re-raises/shoves you know your bet, if he calls see what comes on the river.

halperin
02-05-2007, 03:16 AM
wtf?

TheSalche
02-05-2007, 03:16 AM
I'd probably bet the turn here, if we get raised here we know we're beat and we can fold. We get more value out of the weaker hands too. Of course then we're still faced with a river decision, but I think queens will usually go for the c/r on the turn since the pot is bigger and you're not guaranteed to bet the river.

TomBrooks
02-05-2007, 04:04 AM
I'd b/f the turn and I'm not calling that river raise unless I had some reason to believe Villain was prone to making stone cold bluffs.

Lordy
02-05-2007, 04:22 AM
I like checking behind on the flop. Not much that can outdraw you at this point, and you'll catch some bluffs on the turn from hands that completely missed.
If you're ahead villain is drawing to 2-3 outs and if you're behind you have 2 outs.

As played I think you need to bet 1/2 pot on the turn and not put any more money in the pot.

Goodnews
02-05-2007, 04:29 AM
This makes no sense, you are more apt to get stacked thinking this way if villain was in fact slowplaying trips.

I think OP's hand was fine until the river, where he should have checked it through.

The bet, check, bet line reaks of steal, and villain might have the balls to resteal. As played, I am calling this river.

Lordy
02-05-2007, 04:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This makes no sense, you are more apt to get stacked thinking this way if villain was in fact slowplaying trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you more apt to get stacked when you check behind on the flop ?

bensterk
02-05-2007, 04:48 AM
I'd have bet 4 or so on the turn, then checked behind on river.

If he checkraises turn I'd fold, but I don't know what I'd do if he raised first on river instead of checking, I'd probably fold it.

Nocturnal
02-05-2007, 05:29 AM
$5 on turn. The turn is the most important street in this hand as it allows you to get value out of the wide range of hands that are calling you (basically any pair), without risking your entire stack the times he happens to wake up with a queen.

If you are checkraised on the turn, you can fairly safely lay your hand down.

As played, what is he representing here? There's no reason to assume you're going to bet the river after checking behind the turn. Checking the turn lets him know that you dont have a queen and gives him an opportunity to steal this pot from you. Your hand is stronger than you made it appear, so you gotta call this raise.