PDA

View Full Version : ($5NL- 6Max) Turn sem?bluff on two-tone board against loose limper

Desdia01
02-05-2007, 01:32 AM
Villain has been very active (loose) since he got to the table, limping alot preflop. I put him on a draw or maybe a 7x hand. I ruled out any holding with a 10 because I felt he would have raised me on the flop, at least I know I would have raised if I was in his shoes. I don't really know what to call my move on the turn other than saying, I do this type of play intuiatively, figuring my opponent is weak and that he has to take into account my obvious strength when an extra overcard hits with two draws present.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($8.25)
UTG ($5.42)
MP ($12.28)
CO ($4.57)
Button ($4.80)
SB ($4.85)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.05, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.05, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.20) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.1</font>, UTG folds, Button calls $0.10, SB folds.

Turn: ($0.40) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.4</font>

Thoughts.

Michael Fish
02-05-2007, 02:05 AM
At 5NL I really wouldn't semi bluff or bluff at all it's not worth it. Just wait till you get a good hand and bet, you will get called all make $.

I think the best advice is keep it simple, at this level the vast majority of players don't have a clue and will call you down with nearly anything. Just check/fold.

bozzer
02-05-2007, 06:54 AM
Normally this isn't really needed at 5nl.

Taking a stab on this flop is not a bad idea on occasion. I guess you would want passive players to make this a good move.

On the turn he might be on a flush or straight draw and just waiting to fold. If you want to have a pop I don't think it needs to be a PSB - 0.3 or even less would be sufficient to fold him out while risking less.

As the first poster said, in isolation this looks a bit like a case of FPS, but in certain spots I think it's ok to take this line.

Desdia01
02-05-2007, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Normally this isn't really needed at 5nl.

Taking a stab on this flop is not a bad idea on occasion. I guess you would want passive players to make this a good move.

On the turn he might be on a flush or straight draw and just waiting to fold. If you want to have a pop I don't think it needs to be a PSB - 0.3 or even less would be sufficient to fold him out while risking less.

As the first poster said, in isolation this looks a bit like a case of FPS, but in certain spots I think it's ok to take this line.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a case of FPS. Not that there is metagame at this level but if you're putting villain on a club draw, no 10, or a 7x hand that he's at least willing to call with, then how do you expect him to act facing a PSB on the turn when an overcard King hits and another draw hits? Surely he's not expecting such a show of force, more likely a check, wouldn't you think? I put villain on a hand he would have a hard time calling with, hence my play, which is alot less FPS and more astute observation.