PDA

View Full Version : NL 50 Str8 on paired board

Tony Montana 22
02-05-2007, 01:01 AM
Villan is at 58/1.4/3.8 over like 150 hands, who I just .
lost a big pot too a few hands ago.

Lets say I am fairly certain he has a Q 90% or so, and lets assume he will call a value shove with any queen, my hand is pretty well concealed.

But it's an unraised pot and he could have anything at all, obviously including Q4, Q5, and Q8 which he stacks me with. I dont think he has 44, 55 or 88 here either just based on the way the hand played out, but again anything is possible....

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($72)
BB ($28.45)
UTG ($28.10)
MP ($67.95)
CO ($48.50)
Button ($48.60)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.50, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1</font>, Button calls $1, Hero calls $1, BB folds.

Turn: ($5) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1.5</font>, Button calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.50.

River: ($9.50) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ???

Acein8ter
02-05-2007, 01:05 AM
I'd bet ~7... Pretty sure you have the best hand here with UTG betting 1.5 into 5 pot on the turn...

I'd say that your str8 is very hard to see from the other players...

AKQJ
02-05-2007, 01:13 AM
Check raise / Check raise ALL IN

Depending on their personality &amp; their bet amount

Hank Scorpio
02-05-2007, 01:16 AM
You don't check raise here. You bet it.

orange
02-05-2007, 02:35 AM
bet 7 prob...or c/r.

and12006
02-05-2007, 03:15 AM
I'd bet 3/4 of the pot and if re=raised depending on the size I'd call there's no way I'm folding here inless it's a shove or villian's known to have the nuts when he shoves.

Tony Montana 22
02-05-2007, 03:26 AM
Orange,

Am I trying to get all in here?

orange
02-05-2007, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Orange,

Am I trying to get all in here?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would be fine with getting it in, I think you see a Q alot. I dont know if c/r ai is best though, a c/r ai would be a bit of an overbet.

Nocturnal
02-05-2007, 05:11 AM
Hmm...

[ QUOTE ]
Villan is at 58/1.4/3.8 over like 150 hands, who I just .
lost a big pot too a few hands ago.

Lets say I am fairly certain he has a Q 90% or so, and lets assume he will call a value shove with any queen

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($72)
BB ($28.45)
UTG ($28.10)
MP ($67.95)
CO ($48.50)
Button ($48.60)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.50, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1</font>, Button calls $1, Hero calls $1, BB folds.

Turn: ($5) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1.5</font>, Button calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.50.

River: ($9.50) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero goes allin.

[/ QUOTE ]

AKQJ
02-05-2007, 05:54 AM
If it was 1v1 on the river, I would bet the pot, but... there are two others players interested.

By checking the River, I want to say that I'm kinda scared of my opponents who could have "a better kicker" than mine. Nobody would check behind. One of them is more likely to hold a solid kicker (QK or QA). This guy would bet for sure (The other would call or fold accordingless). By going all-in after that, he will call, because you have stacked him enough that he couldn't fold.

Just my opinion /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nocturnal
02-05-2007, 06:52 AM
I would definitely NEVER bet the pot here. If I'm heads up on this river and I believe the assumptions that OP has stated (that villain has a Q 90% of the time, and will stack off with any Q), I'm not giving him a chance to just call my pot sized bet and leave TONS of value sitting in my stack unused.

As far as QK or AQ being in either villains' hand range, that would assume that they are extremely passive for not popping it preflop, but I guess it's possible at this level.

A CRAI is also probably a decent play here, but especially to weaker players, a checkraise represents real strength and I dont want to give villain any chance of getting away from this hand, so I want to get the chips in in as few moves as possible.

The flushdraw missed on the river and if villain is holding a Queen, he is loving his hand, so I am not going to give him a chance to run through my possible hands and even consider a fold.

I make the donkish looking overbet here and expect to get snapcalled by a queen, no matter if it is bare or part of a boat.

Miko
02-05-2007, 07:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would definitely NEVER bet the pot here. If I'm heads up on this river and I believe the assumptions that OP has stated (that villain has a Q 90% of the time, and will stack off with any Q), I'm not giving him a chance to just call my pot sized bet and leave TONS of value sitting in my stack unused.

As far as QK or AQ being in either villains' hand range, that would assume that they are extremely passive for not popping it preflop, but I guess it's possible at this level.

A CRAI is also probably a decent play here, but especially to weaker players, a checkraise represents real strength and I dont want to give villain any chance of getting away from this hand, so I want to get the chips in in as few moves as possible.

The flushdraw missed on the river and if villain is holding a Queen, he is loving his hand, so I am not going to give him a chance to run through my possible hands and even consider a fold.

I make the donkish looking overbet here and expect to get snapcalled by a queen, no matter if it is bare or part of a boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thought excactly.

cute post

flo
02-05-2007, 07:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bet 7 prob...or c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]