PDA

View Full Version : Monster extraction troubles...

Gustav
02-04-2007, 07:52 PM
2 years ago I wouldn't have to post this hand, but the games are clearly changing, even at the microlimits. When he raises me on the turn I didn't even think about it, just pushed and assumed I was stacking him. And it's far from the first time this has happened.

I've been slumming at SNGs for a while, and apparently the microlimits have evolved without me. So I guess I'm asking for a status check. Basically what I'm wondering is:

[Assume villain is your completely average NL25 to 100 player]
1. How often does villain have a Q when he raises turn?
2. Does he ever fold it to a push?
3. Suggest a good line here to extract the maximum from a Q yet not let 2 pair or a bluffer completely off the hook?

No reads or stats.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($60)
UTG ($142.10)
MP ($95)
Button ($93.25)
Hero ($100.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $1, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, BB folds, Button calls $2.50.

Turn: ($8) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $96.9</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: $119.90

orange
02-04-2007, 07:56 PM
you have the deck crippled aside from a Q coming on the river. or pairing the board. I dont mind calling in this spot, but i think push is fine as well.

Gustav
02-04-2007, 07:57 PM
To be clear, I'm only posting this hand as a concrete example. My questions are in general about how much the games have tightened up and how to adapt.

orange
02-04-2007, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To be clear, I'm only posting this hand as a concrete example. My questions are in general about how much the games have tightened up and how to adapt.

[/ QUOTE ]
play a bit more tricky than you might usually, use less conventional lines (ie. typically you are to b/3b w. a set no matter what, try using c/r-ing into your game a bit if not the PFR/etc).

RedJoker
02-04-2007, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. How often does villain have a Q when he raises turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

His range is wider than that. He could have j-8, 10-8, or 9-8 and is trying to define his hand. I assume j-10, 10-9, j-9 or a set would reraise flop.

He could have two hearts.

He could have been floating the flop and re-raising the scare card.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Does he ever fold it to a push?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if he has the q.

[ QUOTE ]
3. Suggest a good line here to extract the maximum from a Q yet not let 2 pair or a bluffer completely off the hook?

[/ QUOTE ]

min-raise? I'm not sure, I probably would have pushed here as well.

[ QUOTE ]
My questions are in general about how much the games have tightened up and how to adapt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise more preflop. No harm in punishing the button for open limping here.