PDA

View Full Version : 1st Post - KQ flopped trips, in position

unfinishedbiz
02-04-2007, 12:42 PM
This hand came up about 30 hands into this session. I had no reads on villain except his vpip was 69%. How was my line?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($8.40)
SB ($18)
BB ($27.25)
UTG ($10.20)
MP ($11.35)
CO ($8)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.45</font>, SB calls $0.40, BB calls $0.35, MP calls $0.35, CO calls $0.35.

Flop: ($2.25) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.5</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1</font>, BB calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($5.25) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, BB calls $1, Hero calls $1.

River: ($8.25) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3.5</font>, BB folds, Hero?

Unknown Soldier
02-04-2007, 12:51 PM
why did you just call the flop?

EDIT: welcome to the forum! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

unfinishedbiz
02-04-2007, 12:55 PM
I put him on a decent A and since I was in position I was going to raise the turn. The T came on the turn and I froze up like a deer in the headlights.

I also had a really bad gut feeling for some reason.

Askilus
02-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Hi,

Since this was your first post in this forum: welcome!

To the hand:

Preflop: I would make it a bit bigger here. My general line (and many others) are to raise 4xbb + 1 bb for each limper. That makes up to $0.6 PF.

Flop: Raise this! Anyone with a naked ace is going to pay you of here. I would make it somewhere between $2 and $3 here. We don't want a crappy straight draw to get there. I'm willing to commit my whole stack on this flop.

The hand playes much easier from that on if you play harder pf and on the flop. Although the turn isn't the best card you could hope for I'm still raising it.

I would still push the river, but it's hard to know where we stand.

And I'm no good ad this, keep that in mind /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bober2
02-04-2007, 01:24 PM
The first bet on the flop could be $3.75 (double the
0.5 bet + add that to the current pot) - makes it expensive/difficult for villain to call if he's on a (strait) draw

Unknown Soldier
02-04-2007, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I put him on a decent A and since I was in position I was going to raise the turn. The T came on the turn and I froze up like a deer in the headlights.

I also had a really bad gut feeling for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

bad board to slow play on, and generally slow playing is pointless at this level anyway. Raise the flop next time.

Bonesy
02-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Raise the turn, raise the river. Get it all in somewhere. SB's range of worse hands is pretty large and you are losing to very few of his holdings. If he had you beat, so be it, but I think you are missing out on serious value not getting your stack in here somewhere.

Vyse
02-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Raise flop, raise turn, STOP slow playing.

unfinishedbiz
02-05-2007, 02:58 PM
- RESULTS BELOW -

Thanks for the feedback. You all confirmed what I was thinking. I played this hand very weak. I mentioned that I had a bad feeling from the start of this hand because I had taken several beats like this one in a short period of time. I think this is just one of those situations where you are going to get stacked.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($8.40)
SB ($18)
BB ($27.25)
UTG ($10.20)
MP ($11.35)
CO ($8)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.45</font>, SB calls $0.40, BB calls $0.35, MP calls $0.35, CO calls $0.35.

Flop: ($2.25) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.5</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1</font>, BB calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($5.25) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, BB calls $1, Hero calls $1.

River: ($8.25) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3.5</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $3.50.

Final Pot: $15.25

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Qh Ac (full house, queens full of aces).
Hero has Qd Ks (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: SB wins $15.25. </font>

SCBielski
02-05-2007, 03:08 PM
You really should avoid slowplaying hands unless you have a solid read on your opponent because of hands like this. By raising you gain information about the strength of your opponent's hand and can maybe get away from your own hand, although I doubt you're going to be able to fold here because of the stakes you are playing at.

EMc
02-05-2007, 03:14 PM
You should also look to post hands that actually give you trouble, not just because you lost them.

KurtSF
02-05-2007, 03:23 PM
As played calling on the end was the right thing to do.

But as everyone else mentioned, you should have raised that flop.

Welcome.

unfinishedbiz
02-05-2007, 03:24 PM
I felt like I should fold this hand on each street but just couldn't make myself do it. Considering the low stakes, if I had made a significant raise on the flop and he pushed, then what? At these stakes is there any action that would make you consider a fold?

EMc
02-05-2007, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I felt like I should fold this hand on each street but just couldn't make myself do it. Considering the low stakes, if I had made a significant raise on the flop and he pushed, then what? At these stakes is there any action that would make you consider a fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Far to specific. Pretty much never, ever am I folding here readless. With a read, still doubtful.

Vyse
02-05-2007, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should also look to post hands that actually give you trouble, not just because you lost them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. It seems 95% of topics here about a hand result in the OP losing, and that's the main reason he's posting it. I have more trouble on the hands I win than lose, TBH.

Bonesy
02-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Villain's vpip is 69%. You ran into a brick wall and it happens but you will be the brick wall in these spots far more often.

KurtSF
02-06-2007, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. It seems 95% of topics here about a hand result in the OP losing, and that's the main reason he's posting it. I have more trouble on the hands I win than lose, TBH.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

I see no to few hands posted on situations that make up huge portions of uNL play. Things like stealing, c-betting, and the like.

Mostly I think if people win they think "Yay!" and forget about the hand, and if they lose they think "could I have not lost?" and post the hand.

Thus the vast majority of what we see posted is crap play and bad beats.

The Rocket
02-06-2007, 03:26 PM
I don't think this hand was that bad played actually. There are no draws except gutshots on the flop so a raise will probably make Ax fold. Sklansky-Miller even says that you should be more inclined to slowplay if you have a strong hand but not the nuts.

Let's say in this hand hero raise and SB reraises will we really be able to lay down our hand?