PDA

View Full Version : Running it twice

HitNRunPoster
02-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Hmm, this is probably way off topic. If it gets moved to a more appropriate forum that's fine.

Anyways, if your opponent asked you to run it twice, I wouldn't do it if:
-My opponent was underrolled and better than me
-I had position on a fish that wanted to run it twice

I would do it if:
-the player was worse than me was was trying to meet a certain financial goal (like paying rent or whatever) before leaving.
-OOP vs a fish at a table of tough players

Feel free to add to this.

goofyballer
02-04-2007, 09:36 AM
Running it twice only serves to lessen variance. I would do it in almost any situation simply b/c most profitable poker players would prefer to lessen variance while keeping their winrate as high as possible; most donks would prefer not to do it b/c they are gamblers hoping to hit their outs. If poker was just about calculating your equity when the $$ goes in and distributing the money accordingly, the donks would all quit pretty fast.

Imrahil
02-04-2007, 09:38 AM
I thought of this the other day: Imagine playing poker where when all the money went in, the pot was split up in terms of equity. That would be awesome for good players, but I don't think donks would populate the sites any more.

HitNRunPoster
02-04-2007, 09:51 AM
edit: deleted--I was tired/wrong/etc.

prodonkey
02-04-2007, 10:12 AM
ginger kids

Askilus
02-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Sorry for being a donk, but what is running it twice?

Unknown Soldier
02-04-2007, 11:45 AM
if two players are all in you can deal the remaining cards twice if player one player wins both then he wins, if one player wins one and the other wins the other then they split.

It just lowers varaince, that's all.