PDA

View Full Version : QQ fold?

JackSevenSuited
02-04-2007, 02:57 AM
Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $29.7
BB: $81.3
UTG: $53.40
MP: $50
Hero (CO): $89.15
BTN: $49.25

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $5</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $3

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($10.75, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $5</font>, Hero calls $4.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif [2/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($20.75, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $10</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $9.50 returned to BTN

How would you play QQ in this scenario. Does QQ justify a re-raise? How would you guys play it. Thanks.

My thought process: The small 50 cent bets by me were to try to get him to slow down but that didn't happen. Sure i figured he could raise me with AK, AQ on the flop when i showed weakness but would he really raise to 10 on the turn with nothing but high cards. Sure he could have JJ or TT but based on how the hand has played out, AA or KK is more likely. Should i just push here, the only thing i beat is a bluff, or lower pockets. However based on my reads, experience and how the hand has unfolded i often find myself looking down at AA or KK, and consequently scolding myself for not being able to lay down a big hand. Am i playing too scared or is the fold justifiable?

mickii
02-04-2007, 03:06 AM
dont ever make a min bet you wussy. reraise preflop hard and fold if he goes over the top.

HighestCard
02-04-2007, 03:08 AM
Wow. 3-bet preflop. Raise more on the flop. Since you donk-betted and he raised, re raise.

I have no idea what to do with the turn the first part of the hand was played so poorly.

lacrymosa
02-04-2007, 03:31 AM
why are you minbetting? I probably make a 3/4 PSB on the flop. Not sure if I'd call a push.

kekedarius
02-04-2007, 06:06 AM
When a villain bets small like this (even, say, $3 on the flop or $8 on the turn), I'm always reraising the pot. Why? Because I think you're trying to feel around for where you are and I want to scream that you're beat, even if you're not. Bet harder and represent your hand.