PDA

View Full Version : flop unlikely boat, do i slow play it 3 way?

halperin
02-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $63.40
UTG+1: $27.45
CO: $0
Button: $25.95
SB: $25
Hero: $41.60

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.75, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.4</font>.
Uncalled bets: $0.4 returned to Hero.

Turn: : ($0.75, 2 players)

Results:
Final pot: $0.75

raistlinx
02-04-2007, 12:44 AM
I would typically say bet out but here there are two reasons not to: (1) there are no high cards so it is unlikely anyone hit and (2) you are BB so they will naturally be more worried.

I check the flop and hope someone hits when and A or K comes on the turn.

natzucowww
02-04-2007, 12:47 AM
yes let someone catchup or bluff

Event Duality
02-04-2007, 01:07 AM
I would rarely, if ever, bet this flop from the BB. You are so far ahead here, you can afford to give them a free card or two. Let them bet their second-best hands on the turn or river, and collect the money they are willing to give to you.

spacetime
02-04-2007, 01:21 AM
The reason for slowplaying here isn't just because you have a monster...its because you did not raise PF. Very rarely would another player even get involved here on this flop. Check flop.

Another example: Say you raise with 9-10s from the CO, button calls you, BB calls. Flop 9910. This is a prime place where I would actually make a bet into this point, something smaller then a continuation bet, say, 1/3 to 1/2 the pot. This allows you to check any turn, which will then induce a villain bluff on the river (assuming he called your flop bet). This many not work for everyone, but it is a move that I have been experimenting with a ton lately and it seems to be working (inducing the bluff on the river I mean).

AKQJ10
02-04-2007, 01:51 AM
No one's yet mentioned two important factors that argue for a slowplay. The more important one is that there aren't two suited cards on the flop, so there's no chance of a flush coming in and killing your action if the case four should happen to be out. The second is, the pair on board is below the unpaired card, so something like 54 or 43 isn't drawing live to beat you.

You might still slowplay if one or both of those factors were less favorable but they push you farther in that direction.

Don't be a donk and slowplay so far that you don't get any value, though. You're not going to make much except from the case four, and donks slowplay trips to the river come hell or high water. So if you're going to get stacks in, be ready to overbet the turn a bit.

bap2086
02-04-2007, 03:02 AM
i like betting this flop cause its unraised. checking is actually better lol

zeroclan
02-04-2007, 09:28 AM
with such flops ill insta check, hopefully some1 catches anything.

Antinome
02-04-2007, 12:01 PM
I lead out OOP with everything from air to quads. This eventually gets me action from all sorts of hands on this flop. If the table doesn't know that yet I might check this once.