PDA

View Full Version : Nitastic laydown?

kekedarius
02-03-2007, 10:15 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($80)
SB ($34)
Hero ($50)
UTG ($40.90)
MP ($60.60)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, Button calls $4.

Flop: ($12.25) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, Button calls $10.

Turn: ($32.25) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $16</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $48.25

First hand at the table, villain is readless.

Voy Por Ustedes
02-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Very tough spot IMO. I probably call again on the turn although I think a fold is probably superior I just won't be able to find one...

Hank Scorpio
02-03-2007, 10:49 PM
I dunno. You need to raise more PF TO AROUND $7 at the least

I really can't see how someone could realistically have an ace here after your flop bet. I would still fold though because of the RIO situation.

kekedarius
02-03-2007, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dunno. You need to raise more PF TO AROUND $7 at the least

I really can't see how someone could realistically have an ace here after your flop bet. I would still fold though because of the RIO situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the general formula for preflop reraises? I'm never sure how much to pop it up.

And what's RIO? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

KurtSF
02-03-2007, 11:08 PM
RIO stands for Reverse Implied Odds. Its is, in short, a situation where your hand is mediocre, unlikly to improve, and probably going to face more bets. RIO is bad because it is likely to get more expensive and you are either not likely to win or don't know where you are.

In this hand there are 2 flushdraws out and 4-to-a-straight already on the board. You have 1 pair, and need 2 outs to improve to a hand that might lose anyway, and villain could have a monster brewing. Continuing in RIO spots like this is bad.

In fact, likely hands for villain are mostly Ax. If I were a betting man, which I'm not, I'd bet that he has the wheel here and thinks he's splitting with you so will go all-in on the end.

Good fold on the turn.

Chxdgt
02-04-2007, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
... If I were a betting man, which I'm not ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you meant, but it's funny to see this in a poker forum /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SCBielski
02-04-2007, 01:50 AM
Maybe try a blocking bet on the turn and fold to a raise. This spot sucks.