PDA

View Full Version : can you put this guy in a hand? $50NL

gui166
02-03-2007, 09:36 PM
the hand before this one, villain raised PF, I called with 55, he bet pot in the flop and I folded... I had played just that hand with him...

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $4.25</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif ($12.75, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in $46.05</font>, <font color="red">Hero ???</font>.

the question is: can you put him in a hand? does it looks like a bluff? what would you do?

ImprovinNewbie
02-03-2007, 09:37 PM
i fold on the flop.... he could have anything that beats you. most of the time with really small pkt pairs if i dont hit and im bet into (with overs on the board) i fold. i might take the first stab but thats it.

Unknown Soldier
02-03-2007, 09:39 PM
fold nearly always. Sure you might be ahead once in a while, but most of the time he'll have a hand and your odds are crap. His line does look suspicious, but I can rarely find a call here.

gui166
02-03-2007, 09:43 PM
I was almost sure that his bet pot in the flop was a cbet...
what hands would he do that lines with ???

avfletch
02-03-2007, 09:44 PM
UTG is doing his level best to tell you he has a big hand. What about this makes you think he is running a bluff?

Unknown Soldier
02-03-2007, 09:45 PM
TP + F draw maybe. Could be a set, could be AK. I don't know. Looks like FPS to me, but he has just shoved his entire stack in the middle. In my expereince this is usually a good hand.

Hank Scorpio
02-03-2007, 09:46 PM
what r u doing calling on the flop?

Unknown Soldier
02-03-2007, 09:48 PM
floating him

Hank Scorpio
02-03-2007, 09:49 PM
You honestly think this guy knows what floating is?

gui166
02-03-2007, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG is doing his level best to tell you he has a big hand. What about this makes you think he is running a bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I'm analyzing results but, I really could not put him in a hand... I couldn't see he doing that with top pair or a set ! and I called and he showed AQo

Hank Scorpio
02-03-2007, 09:57 PM
I can only tell you that if you keep making calls like that at this level you're going broke.

jonyy6788
02-03-2007, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I'm analyzing results but, I really could not put him in a hand... I couldn't see he doing that with top pair or a set ! and I called and he showed AQo

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right it doesn't make sense...but don't be wanna those [censored] on Full Tilt that makes heroic calls

avfletch
02-03-2007, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's the kind of player to do this with AQ what makes you think he can't be doing it with something like 66?

gui166
02-03-2007, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can only tell you that if you keep making calls like that at this level you're going broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that bro, this was a special hand where I thought my opponent had rags, I posted it to check if you guys would think the same, but you didn't...

gui166
02-03-2007, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's the kind of player to do this with AQ what makes you think he can't be doing it with something like 66?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that... nice post...

MrMcDoobie
02-04-2007, 10:01 PM
AK ... fold the flop

cortanpeter
02-04-2007, 10:55 PM
I think this is a fold. You aren't ahead of anything except A2 and he may also have clubs and be on a flush draw to go along with this. You are behind every other hand villain is representing.

Vyse
02-05-2007, 12:53 AM
I hope he sucked out on you on the river. Horrible play by you.

bsheck
02-05-2007, 01:20 AM
Villain played this hand even more horribly. He was willing to risk his entire stack because he (seemingly) thought he was being floated, when he had no history with OP to boot.

corsakh
02-05-2007, 01:22 AM
I love bluff battlers in micro NL. They are so EV+ /images/graemlins/smile.gif
I am not sure what is worse at these limits - making bluffs or calling bluffs.

AKQJ
02-05-2007, 01:31 AM
It could be nice if we can see your stacks
Why don't you check the turn?

orange
02-05-2007, 02:36 AM
fold the flop.

i dont mind the turn bet but i would fold to the c/r.

TomBrooks
02-05-2007, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold the flop.

i dont mind the turn bet but i would fold to the c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

jimpo
02-05-2007, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that bro, this was a special hand where I thought my opponent had rags, I posted it to check if you guys would think the same, but you didn't...

[/ QUOTE ]

You have played one (1) hand with this villain before, I don't think there is any basis whatsoever for assuming that your opponent has rags here.