PDA

View Full Version : Is this a solid float or am I spewing wack juice....

HoldEmNewby
02-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Not enough hands to say I have a read.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $58.58
UTG+1: $29.55
Hero: $25
Button: $22.68
SB: $46.31
BB: $21

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.5</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ($1.75, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $1</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($3.75, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, UTG calls.

River: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($9.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $4.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $12</font>,

jonyy6788
02-03-2007, 08:06 PM
ummmmmm, sure, u have a draw...wtf are u doing on the river though?

Big Poppa Smurf
02-03-2007, 08:09 PM
IT'S THE WACKIEST!

Also you aren't floating, you're calling with a draw. River raise is probably bad unless you think he's bluffing a busted club draw

ImprovinNewbie
02-03-2007, 08:09 PM
the river, OIIII

Panthro
02-03-2007, 08:10 PM
given the action, it really looks like he has a K by the river, or at least he doesn't think you have one(or a 6).

And I take my free card alot on that turn.

HoldEmNewby
02-03-2007, 08:13 PM
it is quite wack.

preflop I call because its a mini bet and with 75s I might win a big pot.

Flop its a cbet into a drawy board, I have position so I thought I may be able to pick off the pot on the turn.

Turn I gain a draw and he shows weakness I think betting here is standard?

On the river I just don't see him having a K based on action and unless he has 88 or a 6 I don't think he can call my raise. But once again in retrospect thats a pretty wide range of plausible hands that don't fold on the river.

prodonkey
02-03-2007, 08:25 PM
I think you're spewing serious juice

What draw did you pick up on the turn?

Unknown Soldier
02-03-2007, 09:07 PM
rarely do this at 25NL

Hank Scorpio
02-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Who ever said you can't float someone while on a draw?

HoldEmNewby
02-03-2007, 09:19 PM
thanks for the input all as i feared clear spew

thetruest
02-03-2007, 09:21 PM
did you lose this? what did villain have

Unknown Soldier
02-03-2007, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not enough hands to say I have a read.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the main point

[ QUOTE ]
clear spew

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like when people say this, each situation is different. You could have the same cards, the same board, the same opponent and the same position and this play could well be a good one. The point is that you need a really solid read to get all fancy. Don't never do this, this is a nice play given the right conditions.

NB technically when people say float they mean do it with absolutely nothing, you have a draw so technically I don't think it is a float, but whatever, blah blah, we all know what he means. Who cares?

Hank Scorpio
02-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Floating is when you have a worse hand, which he does. I like this play A TON here if there isn't a flush draw on the board and the board isn't paired.

Everything here was fine except the river raise.

HoldEmNewby
02-03-2007, 09:40 PM
hank scorpio,

you think I was fine in this hand if i just folded the river?

unknown,

I agree with no read i have no business making a play like this.

thetruest,

its totally irrelavant as to what villain had. For the record I achieved my fold but more important is whether or not I played this hand correctly. Some very intelligent posters have pointed out my mistakes in this hand along with giving some decent advice; and thats whats important.

prodonkey
02-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Looks like he thought u were floating his AQ and figured he'd try a bet on the river to see what happened.

I wouldn't do that very often though since some people won't ever fold ace high on that board, or some middle pair that beats the 6's.

thetruest
02-03-2007, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hank scorpio,

you think I was fine in this hand if i just folded the river?

unknown,

I agree with no read i have no business making a play like this.

thetruest,

its totally irrelavant as to what villain had. For the record I achieved my fold but more important is whether or not I played this hand correctly. Some very intelligent posters have pointed out my mistakes in this hand along with giving some decent advice; and thats whats important.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it is important to know what he had because you want to know what he folded or what he could have folded. I find his turn call odd, and then a donk bet on the river, you want to know if the player is tight enough and what hands you can't make them fold.