PDA

View Full Version : A9o from the SB

HoldEmNewby
02-03-2007, 05:45 PM
The history is every time its come down to blind vs blind I raise and he reraises. Not much for stats as its only been a few orbits. How do you combat such an opponent? Is my line poor/FPS?

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $28.45
CO: $25.80
Button: $24.20
Hero: $23.05
BB: $64.95

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif
3 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $1</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1</font>....

redCashion
02-03-2007, 05:49 PM
I would fold or raise in the SB to take the initiative, and A9 is definitely a raising hand.

Having called, I don't hate leading out at this board, but if you are called or raised you have to shut down unless your hand improves.

HoldEmNewby
02-03-2007, 05:55 PM
red,
I usually raise A9 too but against a Big blind who will 3bet light, how do you adjust?

natzucowww
02-03-2007, 06:08 PM
If he's raising everytime you raise he's probably the type of player to raise everytime the sb completes and it's hu.

I just read a poohbah post about this and they said:

1. punish them with TT+ and
2. don't complete hands you aren't willing to play for a raise.

A9 has some sd value hu since his range is wide so I think a plan of getting to sd cheaply is the best bet. Weak leading this flop is asking to get raised by this player imo. Check/calling the flop and donking the turn puts him in a tough spot if he's got air. I see a lot of people who are willing to be the initial aggressor but give up after multiple street resistance.

Esection
02-03-2007, 06:09 PM
bet 1.5; c/f turn...

[ QUOTE ]
red,
I usually raise A9 too but against a Big blind who will 3bet light, how do you adjust?

[/ QUOTE ]

tighten up your range. occassionally take him to 4-town when you have the goods. generally though, i dont like raising A-rag hands unless im HU (which i know you are here, just a healthy reminder).

redCashion
02-03-2007, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
red,

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I didn't see the line about his 3betting you light. Honestly the advice about tightening up your range is good, but I would just move to another table since having a lagtard with position on you is just going to be a headache all session.

orange
02-03-2007, 06:25 PM
pf is quite bad, if your playing this hand, raise or fold.

if bb 3-bets lighter, then just tighten your range. i would just fold to an overly aggro villan as playing oop the rest of the hand in a 3-bet pot isnt fun. especially w. A9o.

i think flop is whatever. fine i suppose, but the size of your bet might induce a raise from villan.

HoldEmNewby
02-03-2007, 06:39 PM
thanks for the advice folks. The hand is def. weak sauce so i welcome the point out of the flaws.

Esection
02-03-2007, 06:42 PM
oh yea sorry. dunno how i missed that. if you play this hand out of position PF against lagtard, you must raise PF. fold to reraise.