PDA

View Full Version : NL100 Video :)

SpecT
02-03-2007, 04:41 PM
hey guys, i made a tutorial vid. its NL100 but i discussed some issues applicable to uNL like position, etc. You guys have given me alot these past few months, so i wanna give some back. It's only 25 minutes, but hopefully it can help some of you out. Also im all ears to discussions on how i could of played hands differently/possible leaks, etc.

get it here (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PP8T5Z4M) dawgs

also, for some reason sometimes it says the file is 'temporarily unavailable' for sum reason, if it says this just click this link afew times until it lets u download it.

im going to bed now, but ill answer any questions/hand discussions wen i wake up

God Complex
02-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Thanks! Downloading now

kekedarius
02-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks for this. I'm all over it.

2mb
02-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Downloading now, will comment later. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

thac
02-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Awesome video, I liked it. You explained your thoughts pretty well and the clarity was nice. Looking forward to future vids!

kerplunkNL
02-03-2007, 06:36 PM
I just watched it. I liked it. Like thac said you explain your actions very clearly.

I didn't see any major leaks.

I saw you fold 67o in SB for half a BB, I always complete with these kind of hands. Also, I don't like to raise with hands like A9o too much in the SB: you're OOP for the rest of hand and you can get into a lot of trouble.

I like the squeeze play, the 2ndbarrel on the K-turn. Very nice vid.

SpecT
02-03-2007, 11:34 PM
bumpidy bump

kerplunkNL - yeah i dont think was really paying attention wen folding the 67o in the sb, more of a just a reflex action. I assume you mean the A9o wen there were already people in the pot? I have to agree with you though, sometimes i get abit crazy from the sb, thinking i can take it down PF, although a raise from the sb is less effective than say a raise from the button, well i think anywayz, so yeah, tightening up from the button is probably somethin i should b doing.

thanx for the response so far guys!

MirroRobin
02-04-2007, 07:29 AM
Good video SpecT. I'm a beginning player at 100NL myself and I'm watching as many video's of 50NL/100NL/200NL I can. This is def. one of the better ones. Really doesn't look like there's something wrong with your game. Just got out of bed, will look at the video again later to maybe ask some questions.

If you find time to make more of these, it will be greatly appreciated! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

monkover
02-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Thanks SpecT!

Great video, I really appreciate it! thanks again...
hope ur going to make another one soon!

cheers

Corpsebean
02-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Visuals aren't loading for this in Windows media player, any ideas?

kerplunkNL
02-04-2007, 08:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Downloading this codec (http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp) worked for me.

Corpsebean
02-04-2007, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Downloading this codec (http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp) worked for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Works now, thanks man.

2mb
02-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Well, I watched it, and although it is a bit short I think your game is solid. I liked the 2nd barrel against the TAG. Maybe next time you could try to record a little longer so that we could see you play in some big pots. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

And for those who can't see the video: Download the Camtasia TSCC codec (http://www.techsmith.com/codecs/tscc/default.asp) or use VLC player.

M4in
02-05-2007, 06:05 AM
Is there supposed to be audio? Cause I ain't having any /images/graemlins/frown.gif

IsaacAsimov
02-05-2007, 07:26 AM
It is busy all the time /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

munkey
02-05-2007, 09:14 AM
Almost downloaded, will check it out later.

tks specT

SpecT
02-05-2007, 11:41 AM
hey guys, i thort this thread died, but its good that it got bumped /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. yeah if it isnt working try downloading the various codecs mentioned in this thread. Im running vista, so if it works on vista itll probably work on anything... piece of [censored] OS

issac - for sum reason it says its busy sometimes, just click on the link in this thread again, it should work by the 3rd or 4th time

and yeah, thanx for the feedback guys. this was only really a test video, being only 25 minutes and all. In the next few days ill make a longer one around an hour long and post it in the forums, hopefully ill get into a few tricky spots /images/graemlins/smile.gif

JadeRedstone
02-21-2007, 11:45 AM
I'll revive this thread again. Took me a while to get it to work on a Mac. But now that it does I'm excited to look at it. Will post comments later.

corsakh
02-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Nice solid video.

A few minor questinalbe spots in my opinion.

Raise with J4s on the button 3handed. I dont think this is just profitable enough on this table.

Raise with A9o from SB with a button limp. Same.

Check with Kings on an Ace high flop. I guess its debatable and depends on PokerAce stats.

Good /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gelford
02-21-2007, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Raise with J4s on the button 3handed. I dont think this is just profitable enough on this table.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does 'this table' mean ???

losingdonkey
02-21-2007, 02:40 PM
links not working

Gelford
02-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Comments while watching video

I thought that the rake was too high at Jackpot (prev. monster tables) to make them good below 200NL, am I mistaken ??

I hate you completion with 74s, you are oop, unless you flop a flush, there isn't a lot of flops that make you happy, and if you hit a flush, question is if you will extract anything anyway. There is no high card value at all in this hand.

(And similar reasoning can be aplied to the 67o hand that kerplunkNL commented on)

With regards to the J4s three handed raise from btn, I think this kind of table is ok, you have the FishandChips that is a multitabler and seems nitty and then you have position on majorfish, that you isolate and play with

Checking KK on the A high flop is very standard especially in position (someone commented on this)

Stake Monster
02-21-2007, 04:06 PM
downloading, will comment after /images/graemlins/smile.gif

corsakh
02-22-2007, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What does 'this table' mean ???

[/ QUOTE ]

3 handed table with the hero and two major fishes / calling stations.

corsakh
02-22-2007, 12:21 AM
With 74s from SB you practically have pot odds to make the call, let alone the rare case you hit a monster and some one else hits too.

Gelford
02-22-2007, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

3 handed table with the hero and two major fishes / calling stations.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, there we have different reads, I'm reading sb 'FISHandCHIPS' as being solid. (perhaps even 2+2)

Gelford
02-22-2007, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With 74s from SB you practically have pot odds to make the call, let alone the rare case you hit a monster and some one else hits too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you have pot odds, but you are oop, so how are you going to extract if you hit. Sure you could be so lucky as to hit a ace high monotone with AK deciding to stack off, but .... more likely you are hitting nothing ... a seven and a four is of no use, and then you can get sucked in playing a babyflush draw oop, and that usually ... errr ... don't like it

dirtysanchez
02-22-2007, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but you are oop, so how are you going to extract if you hit

[/ QUOTE ]

bet?

[ QUOTE ]
a seven and a four is of no use, and then you can get sucked in playing a babyflush draw oop, and that usually ... errr ... don't like it

[/ QUOTE ]

straights, combo draws, 2 pair trips?

Gelford
02-22-2007, 12:47 AM
You can hit a flush and a straight, both of which are unlikely and vunerable, as the straigh will not be the nuts and the flush is a babyflush.

Combodraws around 79s or higher can be the coolest thing in the world, but here you have no overs or highcards to go with your draws, so they are not that good.

Two pair is good, but again it will be button two played oop.

All in all, I believe you need position to play speculative hands, this might be marginal, and so more or less EV neutral ... I prefer not to enter, nothing good comes of it and if BB wakes up with a raise, you are trowing your hand away as well ... imo it is meh /images/graemlins/smile.gif

corsakh
02-22-2007, 03:28 AM
I have no idea who Fish'n'chips is, the OP related to him as a fish so I go with that.

Pot odds are your odds to win the pot. There is no need for extraction, you break even if you take the pot down. Sure there is no need to get overexcited if you hit a top pair or a baby flush, but every extra bit helps.

Gelford
02-22-2007, 03:35 AM
Well I missed OP talking about fishnchips, so I was simply going on my own read, still having position on two fish ain't bad /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JadeRedstone
03-17-2007, 12:37 PM
higher. People still call bets with A high or 2PNK.
What I did learn is to play slightly tighter in small pots. I'll probably lead with TPNK from the blind (you had a K4), and my range of completing is still why bigger (but I do get more limpers in $25NL)
Any more video's in the future?

SpecT
03-17-2007, 01:13 PM
heh, didnt notice this thread was still going.

[ QUOTE ]
Any more video's in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

probably not, my trial version of camtasia ran out and i cant really b bothered buying it. although i have recorded 2 videos, 1 25nl vid and another 100nl vid so i might put them up in the next few days

AmonRaa
03-17-2007, 03:22 PM
You do that. This vid was great. I liked your squeeze play, second barrel with 55 and check with kings.

svidrigailov
03-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks, good vid! Guess this is an old thread but I though you played well. The only hands that seemed marginal were the Ax raises from the SB considering the loose guy had position & maybe the 74 hand. Hope you put up the other ones.

peterum
03-19-2007, 11:22 AM
i'm only playing NL25 but i enjoyed ur video a lot /images/graemlins/smile.gif
would be nice to see how you play larger pots (as, i think, any1 already said in this thread)

but can anybody tell me, where you get the card design or the whole table-design that spect is using...

(btw i cheated in every english-test throughout my schoolyears, so i apologize for every single one of my billion mistakes =)

SpecT
03-19-2007, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm only playing NL25 but i enjoyed ur video a lot /images/graemlins/smile.gif
would be nice to see how you play larger pots (as, i think, any1 already said in this thread)

but can anybody tell me, where you get the card design or the whole table-design that spect is using...

(btw i cheated in every english-test throughout my schoolyears, so i apologize for every single one of my billion mistakes =)

[/ QUOTE ]

www.pokermods.com (http://www.pokermods.com) - only works for party poker though

edit - ur english is actually pretty good. i didnt see too many mistakes at all

VPIP100
03-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Downloading now /images/graemlins/smile.gif

peterum
03-19-2007, 11:55 AM
thanks, nice page /images/graemlins/smile.gif