PDA

View Full Version : Question

doubled2005
02-02-2007, 02:58 AM
I've been a lurker here for a long time, but at last I finally post in search of some help. I'm a 19 year old college student, here recently I've been winning quite a bit at poker. I've never filed poker on my taxes before as I've never won enough for it to be an issue. So far this year I've made a couple final tables and won $13,000 today. I have pokertracker keeping up with my total win/loss. My question is how do I file this on my taxes/can I with me being only 19 years old. Thanks in advance.

TheJokerIsWild
02-02-2007, 10:26 AM
I'm a little surprised that you posted this question when there are numerous threads about taxes, including one in this forum that is over 120 posts long. This sounds more like a brag post to me with your 13k tourney win. Anyway, go to this site and you'll learn all about paying taxes on your poker winnings:

http://www.twoplustwo.com/magazine/current/Fox0207.html

poorolrich
02-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Doesn't anybody know that there are 'tax experts' in the yellow pages where you live???? 99% plus of any answers you get in this forum will be from people that are not experts. Spend a little of your winnings and get real advice from CPA's or other tax experts.

7n7
02-02-2007, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never filed poker on my taxes before as I've never won enough for it to be an issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

If only the IRS thought this way...