PDA

View Full Version : How many people have joined the PPA already?

Wynton
01-31-2007, 10:34 PM
I'm asking because I'm tired of the constant posts urging people to join. I suspect that a majority of the readers here actually have joined anyway, making the constant solicitations unnecessary (I hope).

And let's not use this for another debate about whether the PPA is doing a good job or not, please. I'm just curious in whether people have joined and have any intent to do so.

Sniper
01-31-2007, 10:38 PM
Good idea... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gobgogbog
01-31-2007, 10:43 PM
Joined through Party for the free monies some time ago.

Uglyowl
01-31-2007, 11:17 PM
Got my wife to sign up. Let your family/friends know. It is really quick registration.

JPFisher55
02-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Joined through Party and intend to renew in summer. PPA is a long shot but 2 outers happen.

jupiterpig
02-01-2007, 01:11 AM
I joined b/c it was free through party a while ago

Ron Burgundy
02-01-2007, 02:40 AM
No, but am considering it now that they're being more open about their monies.

ASD99
02-01-2007, 06:31 AM
I don't understand why 7% won't join...it is free people and it takes 2 seconds...come onnn

Sniper
02-01-2007, 08:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why 7% won't join...it is free people and it takes 2 seconds...come onnn

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you even bother to read the OP... (not to mention, that you are yelling at 3 people)

Wynton
02-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Bump.

Please vote.

Todpullen
02-01-2007, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps those that won't join aren't American? Just a thought.

Wynton
02-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Small voting sample, unfortunately, but the results look pretty clear to me.

SplawnDarts
02-01-2007, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no interest in joining something that may be, for all we know, a giant slush fund for the enjoyment of the organizers.

Have we seen a tax letter yet?

TreyWilly
02-01-2007, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no interest in joining something that may be, for all we know, a giant slush fund for the enjoyment of the organizers.

[/ QUOTE ]

This kind of thinking, encouraged by many on this forum, is the biggest obstacle we'll have to topple if we're to get anywhere.

What exactly do you achieve by NOT joining? This gets more frustrating by the day.

Sniper
02-01-2007, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This kind of thinking, encouraged by many on this forum, is the biggest obstacle we'll have to topple if we're to get anywhere.

What exactly do you achieve by NOT joining? This gets more frustrating by the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trey... you are preaching to the choir... the poll makes that clear!

PPA has work to do... so sayeth it's MEMBERSHIP!!!

TreyWilly
02-01-2007, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What in SplawnDarts' post suggested he was in the choir? I'm sure he's not alone in his counterproductive thinking.

That alone is my point.

SplawnDarts
02-01-2007, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What in SplawnDarts' post suggested he was in the choir? I'm sure he's not alone in his counterproductive thinking.

That alone is my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking isn't counterproductive at all. However, sending money to people who are under no obligation to do what I want with it IS counterproductive. As is letting people who do not necessarily have my interests at heart speak for me.

Transparency first. Membership 2nd.

TreyWilly
02-01-2007, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That alone is my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking isn't counterproductive at all. However, sending money to people who are under no obligation to do what I want with it IS counterproductive. As is letting people who do not necessarily have my interests at heart speak for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's free, dude.

Sniper
02-01-2007, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's free, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please stop... this is 100% the wrong message... (not to mention the wrong thread)

You make PPA sound like a list generating Spam shop (which it might be)...

SplawnDarts
02-01-2007, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's free, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say what? See bold above.

demon102
02-01-2007, 07:39 PM
I joined as soon as I hear about the PPA

atomicsoda
02-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Never. They are a scam.

TreyWilly
02-01-2007, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was referencing when I said it's free, getting back to my point that you have nothing to lose by joining. Conversely, refusing to join -- and encouraging others not to join -- could very well be handicapping our effort. This frustrates me daily. That's all I'm saying.

[ QUOTE ]
Please stop ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm done. I feel stupid for going this far. Back to lurking.

TheEngineer
02-01-2007, 11:12 PM
I joined. It's free, so why not?

ekdikeo
02-02-2007, 12:49 AM
I generally tend to agree with Splawn, though I did create the 'free' account on their site. At least if they can boast (and produce proof of) a giant membership, that helps them with their clout.

Sniper
02-02-2007, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm done. I feel stupid for going this far. Back to lurking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't feel stupid... just respect the OP, in his thread, when he says...

"I'm asking because I'm tired of the constant posts urging people to join. I suspect that a majority of the readers here actually have joined anyway, making the constant solicitations unnecessary (I hope)."