PDA

View Full Version : PPA files 2005 tax return *after* 2+2 lawyers expose them

Danielih
01-31-2007, 03:52 AM
I love supporting associations that file their taxes only after being investigated. Perhaps, one might want to write their congressman a letter about poker and donate the 20 bucks to a not-for-profit that openly discloses how they spend their money.

Richas
01-31-2007, 06:29 AM
I love people who spend more time attacking their allies than their enemies.

mattnxtc
01-31-2007, 09:13 AM
Arent we approaching Tax season right about now?

*grendel*
01-31-2007, 09:14 AM
Depending on when an entity's year-end falls, and considering extensions, it can take quite a long time to get a tax return filed for a given year, profit or nonprofit. Also, by law 501(c)3 entities must make their returns available for public inspection. So I doubt what you say is true.

Uglyowl
01-31-2007, 09:32 AM
Ask questions that need to be answered, don't bash these guys endlessly!

Danielih
02-01-2007, 04:26 PM
*I am not an attorney or CPA, I am not providing legal or tax advice*

Actually the PPA is a 501(c)4 *not* a 501(c)3. Among other things, this means that your contributions are not tax deductible.

And while I could be crazy, and it could be a coincidence, I find it striking that the PPA tax return was filed and made public only after Mason had his lawyers look into them (Spending his (2+2) money for the benefit of ALL)

Not to be confused with an organization that freely discloses this information, the PPA president wants you to know he is doing you a favor,

"While there is no legal requirement that we make this information publicly available on our website..."

Sniper
02-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Aside from noting this fact, which if you had taken a look around, would have fround that this has already been discussed...

IMO, it is more relevant that the information has been disclosed, as requested by the PPA membership...

There are other question that still remain unanswered, and I look forward to the PPA's continuing efforts to answer ALL questions put to them, by the PPA membership represented here on this forum!

I will also note, that this forum is the largest gathering of interacting PPA members... anywhere in the universe!

Notably, the PPA President is ABSENT by personal choice... sigh

*TT*
02-02-2007, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Notably, the PPA President is ABSENT by personal choice... sigh

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think that as well, now I wonder if he is absent by the advice of the board of directors, or his legal counsel. We wont know, and IMHO its a minor issue at this stage.

Lets give the PPA some breathing room now so they can focus on the real issues at hand rather than complying with player's requests, we got what we wanted... now lets start making nice nice to help guide them in the right direction because we are in the middle of a significant crisis people! They should be spending lobbying dollars to free up our neteller funds for withdrawal!

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif