PDA

View Full Version : the irony of a christian group bribing to get followers...

hypermegachi
02-08-2006, 07:16 PM
ok...so i was goin to class today, and some dude ambushed me and handed me a little piece of paper. it was advertising Christ's free gift.

needless to say, there is a draw for $2500 for one lucky person who attends the session.

i think they could be doing something much more useful with that money, like save a whole bunch of starving African children instead of trying to persuade a bunch of university students to believe in Christ....or do they think they will get enough followers that future charitable donations will offset this 2.5k? hmmm...

purnell
02-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Someone's faith gives him relief and a kind of happiness, and he wants to share. He hopes to attract a larger audience with the promotion. I'm sure that's all it is.

r3vbr
02-08-2006, 07:59 PM
isn't greed a christian sin?

shouldnt people want to be poor if they believe in jesus?

BCPVP
02-08-2006, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
isn't greed a christian sin?

shouldnt people want to be poor if they believe in jesus?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, no.

Hopey
02-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Could very well be a cult. And by "cult" I mean the David Koresh/Jim Jones-type cults, and not the more established ones like the Presbytereans or the Lutherans. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hypermegachi
02-08-2006, 10:41 PM
hehehe...they don't advertise it on the ad...but they are actually called the "campus crusaders for christ"

LadyWrestler
02-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Beat me to the punch, BCPVP! Now I have to kneel before your wisdom. GREAT POST!!!

Have a nice day! /images/graemlins/smile.gif