PDA

View Full Version : Boycott On-Line Tournaments in February

Rvr_B_Good
01-29-2007, 09:30 AM
The only way to repeal the UIEGA is to have to big poker rooms behind the effort. As long as they are making their guarantees on the big weekend tourneys, then they have asbsolutely no incentive to put their resources (money) behind the effort. It's time the big sites feel the pain of this legislation and start working with the players to have it repealed. Boycotting the big weekend tourneys for an entire month will have a much bigger impact than anything the PPA or any new organization could do without their help.

Spread the word, February is Boycott On-Line Tournaments month.

Vox populi, Vox Dei /images/graemlins/cool.gif

wpr101
01-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Why would anybody boycott online tournaments? This is the stupidest thing I've seen in awhile on this site.

dafulv
01-29-2007, 11:28 AM
and miss out on FTOPS on an idea that probably wont work? f that

Jack Bando
01-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Or they lower/cancel all future guarantees.

Horrible idea. Boycotts never work.

Uglyowl
01-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Boycott the sites that are still offering online poker?

We are fighting to play online poker and to protest we are going to stop playing online poker?

Coy_Roy
01-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Non-USA players should boycott their poker rooms for leaving US poker players out in the cold.

The WORLD'S poker population should only be supporting those rooms which continue to accept Americans.

World poker unity would be awesome.

RoundGuy
01-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Yeah, let's punish the rooms that have the balls to give the finger to the US government. Brilliant. Great idea. Can't believe we didn't think of this before....

TheJokerIsWild
01-29-2007, 01:00 PM
Ban.

DavidNB
01-29-2007, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Non-USA players should boycott their poker rooms for leaving US poker players out in the cold.

The WORLD'S poker population should only be supporting those rooms which continue to accept Americans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not really our problem. You do have a choice in the next election

groo
01-29-2007, 01:12 PM
The "big" money that will eventually create legal online gambling in the US will come from those that stand to profit the most. That would be the big and trusted names in the US B&M industry. If you want to pressure someone, pressure them.

nineinchal
01-29-2007, 01:37 PM
I would boycott but what would be the purpose of my life?

Besides that, I have four Pokerstars million entry fees I have lined up for the next three weeks from satellites. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ericicecream
01-29-2007, 02:05 PM
This idea really seems to be taking off /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cowboy.up
01-29-2007, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if we exactly have a choice - when neither party is "pro" online poker. You'll find some Republicans in certain states standing up for poker (as is the case in the state of Washington) and some Dems against online poker (H. Clinton). It's just not that clearcut.

Burno
01-29-2007, 02:59 PM
What position in the current administration do you hold?

Chaos_ult
01-29-2007, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What position in the current administration do you hold?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol well played

Quanah Parker
01-29-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm a one boycott kind of American.

Therefore, I must "steer the course" and stay true to our national boycott of Cuba. Once, that boycott is lifted and Havanna is returned to it's proper place as a gambling mecca, then I will consider this tourney boycott.

One battle at a time, please.

Sniper
01-29-2007, 04:03 PM
RvR...

You've come to the wrong place...

We want MORE people playing... not less...

Richas
01-29-2007, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shame, I was hoing for some juicy overlays /images/graemlins/grin.gif

whickerda
01-29-2007, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if we exactly have a choice - when neither party is "pro" online poker. You'll find some Republicans in certain states standing up for poker (as is the case in the state of Washington) and some Dems against online poker (H. Clinton). It's just not that clearcut.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a choice. There is a political party in the U.S. that stands against all prohibitions like the one we are suffering under now. http://www.lp.org/

PartySNGer
01-29-2007, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shame, I was hoing for some juicy overlays /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why it would never work. The savvy players among us would just take advantage of any overlays created, so entries would hardly drop at all.

MiltonFriedman
01-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Punish your few remaining friends, ... for WHAT ?

It makes NO sense to boycott the few sites which accept US business, so that presumably, the sites which fled will benefit from legislation.

"Let the Conversation END."

MiltonFriedman
01-29-2007, 05:46 PM
A much better analysis

Jack Bando
01-29-2007, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a one boycott kind of American.

Therefore, I must "steer the course" and stay true to our national boycott of Cuba. Once, that boycott is lifted and Havanna is returned to it's proper place as a gambling mecca, then I will consider this tourney boycott.

One battle at a time, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, if that boycott hold a little while longer, we'll win the Cold War! U!S!A!

disjunction
01-29-2007, 08:45 PM
As many have said, the source behind these problems is money, the greed of the government. We must take a stand today. Go to the bank, withdraw all your money. Toss it in the river. Long live gambling!

LuckyDevil
01-29-2007, 08:58 PM
What a terrible idea.

keikiwai
01-29-2007, 10:18 PM
not a good idea... unless of course only the good players participate (hint: i do not include myself in that group /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

poker sites need to see continued interest

sdfsdf
01-29-2007, 10:32 PM
lol

Petomane
01-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Are you serious? You're blaming the poker sites for this mess? How on earth did you come to this conclusion? A boycott of B&M's I can see.

Besides, most Americans are going through involuntary boycott of internet gambling already. I myself have been boycotting Party since October.

lacky
01-30-2007, 01:21 AM
funny how Rvr_B_Good asks me to be unemployed for a month without offering to quit his job for a month as well. Not much leadership on his part.

Little_Luck
01-30-2007, 02:09 AM
OP is a visionary. You just cannot recognize his brilliance here.

To protest the bad grade I just got on a quiz, I am going to stop going to class in February also.

Billman
01-30-2007, 07:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ban.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about we ban all the jackholes who ask for anybody with a view they don't agree with to be banned?

Billman
01-30-2007, 07:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? You're blaming the poker sites for this mess? How on earth did you come to this conclusion? A boycott of B&M's I can see.

Besides, most Americans are going through involuntary boycott of internet gambling already. I myself have been boycotting Party since October.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with the OP. You people seem to think because Stars or Full Tilt are willing to make millions a day off of you in rake that they are somehow your friends. Where are their efforts to legalize online poker? If someone like Stars gave even a month's worth of revenue to the effort we could turn around all this legislation in less than a year. Think about it, Stars pulls in about $1.5 - 2 million a day in revenue. If they gave $45 - $60 million to pro-gaming causes how long do you think it would take to get this whole mess turned around?

The cold hard truth is that the US poker sites have no interest in seeing poker legalized. They want it to be illegal just like a drug dealer prays that drugs remain illegal. As long as it's illegal then they face very limited competition. Nobody who's sane is going to enter this space with any kind of real financial backing. And if it does become legal it will be regulated which means that all of these companies who are thumbing their nose at US laws will never, ever, ever, ever get a license to operate legally in the US.

As much as people think the online poker sites share their interests, things couldn't be any further from the truth.

Hollandicus
01-30-2007, 07:54 AM
Please let me know which gtd prize pool touneys you are boycotting... should be a short one but I'll post the winning hand here!

Cheers, Mark
Chk out my blog (link in profile)

Sniper
01-30-2007, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with the OP. You people seem to think because Stars or Full Tilt are willing to make millions a day off of you in rake that they are somehow your friends. Where are their efforts to legalize online poker? If someone like Stars gave even a month's worth of revenue to the effort we could turn around all this legislation in less than a year. Think about it, Stars pulls in about $1.5 - 2 million a day in revenue. If they gave $45 - $60 million to pro-gaming causes how long do you think it would take to get this whole mess turned around?

The cold hard truth is that the US poker sites have no interest in seeing poker legalized. They want it to be illegal just like a drug dealer prays that drugs remain illegal. As long as it's illegal then they face very limited competition. Nobody who's sane is going to enter this space with any kind of real financial backing. And if it does become legal it will be regulated which means that all of these companies who are thumbing their nose at US laws will never, ever, ever, ever get a license to operate legally in the US.

As much as people think the online poker sites share their interests, things couldn't be any further from the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill, so if you understand that Poker Sites have interests that may not coincide with Poker Players... then what would be the value of a Boycott? NONE

If you want to teach the poker sites a lesson, you would be telling all your non-US friends that they should only play on US Friendly sites.

US Poker players want to PLAY, not Boycott!