PDA

View Full Version : Absolute clearance nowadays...

celiboy
01-28-2007, 11:34 PM
With the change to 75 points for 10 bucks, and having to contribute to the pot (blinds not included), what kind of clearance rate does the 1/2 six max game have now?

5thStreetHog
01-29-2007, 12:12 AM
It clears at about 1/3 the old rate at 1/2 limit Celi.

celiboy
01-29-2007, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugghh....I don't understand why there are more people playing there since the change. About how many hands do you need to clear $10 in bonus (assuming 25% vpip)? I guess with RB it still might be better than most places.

TheHip41
01-29-2007, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugghh....I don't understand why there are more people playing there since the change. About how many hands do you need to clear $10 in bonus (assuming 25% vpip)? I guess with RB it still might be better than most places.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've played 20K hands at 3-6 this month, cleared about 1600-1700 in rb+bonus

5thStreetHog
01-29-2007, 05:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah its not the worst.As far as hands,when they flipped the terms i did a run through 1/2 limit.I used to clear $10 roughly every 300 hands.At the end of the short session i had played 790 hands and was still short of clearing $10.

csuf_gambl0o0r
01-29-2007, 06:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah its not the worst.As far as hands,when they flipped the terms i did a run through 1/2 limit.I used to clear $10 roughly every 300 hands.At the end of the short session i had played 790 hands and was still short of clearing $10.

[/ QUOTE ]

how many tables you running at a time? and is this full ring or shorthanded?

damn dude so lets say 800 hands per $10, thats means you would need 60,000 hands to clear the $750. Jesus, thats sick.

terrellk11
01-29-2007, 11:02 AM
The bonus actually clears 1/3 faster now if you play SNGs. You used to get 1 bonus point per $1 in fees and 100 points ($100 fees paid) got you $10 in bonus cash, which meant you'd get essentially 10% rakeback equivalent. Now you still get 1 point per $1 fee paid, but you only need 75 points for the $10 bonus so it works out to 13.3% rakeback equivalent. When you add the 30% actual rakeback and about 2.5% to 7.5% for the value of VIP points (depending on your VIP level), you're looking at a total of about 46% to 51% in total rakeback for tourneys and SNGs.

Of course, there are no turbo tables, there isn't much SNG traffic and they only allow you to have 7 tables open.

5thStreetHog
01-29-2007, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how many tables you running at a time? and is this full ring or shorthanded?

damn dude so lets say 800 hands per $10, thats means you would need 60,000 hands to clear the $750. Jesus, thats sick.

[/ QUOTE ]I was playing four tables of full i think at that time,so assume itll clear a little faster 6max obviously.But yeah,its a big difference than the old rate.Terrell is right too about s&g players.I think it hit 1/2 2/4 limit ring players the hardest,& small stakes ring players in general.

terrellk11
01-29-2007, 09:48 PM
It fried the .50/1 and 1/2 Nl players too, at least the true TAG players.

pureklas
01-30-2007, 04:57 PM
What's the best way to do the absolute bonuses? At the moment i have $900 in my account and am not able to contribute to it from my bank account. So obviously i need to withdraw some of my roll first and redeposit but what is the best method to do this for a non US player? Also how many days before I withdraw the money before I can redeposit using the same method?

5thStreetHog
01-30-2007, 06:38 PM
You can withdraw and deposit for the bonus at AP,just withdraw at least 12 hours before the bonus is announced.After you deposit wait 48 hours before you withdraw.

5thStreetHog
01-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Im pretty sure the terms on site read like that at least,double check.

pureklas
01-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Nice one, appreciate that.

PartyGirlUK
02-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Could someone let me know what the bonuses + rakeback would work out to in terms of overrakeback for

i) 5/10 NL
ii) 25/50 HU tables

Thanks

Dean

morphd
02-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Dean, there is almost no 5/10 NL action. I'd say at most 3 tables will be going and there are no 6max tables. The full games do tend to run short though.

As for RB/bonus, it's going to depend on the RB change which starts today. We'll just have to wait and see how much less people are getting in RB before we can tell. Of course, switching to contributed won't matter for HU.

5thStreetHog
02-01-2007, 01:57 PM
What exactly is the "change",i never really got the full scoop.It has been contributed for awile no???

morphd
02-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Here's what I know about the RB situation...
-They are supposedly changing to contributed
-Supposedly, it has been contributed already for months now
-The actual RB people were getting is higher than you might expect for either contributed or dealt methods

Bottom line, who knows.

dragonystic
02-03-2007, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
-The actual RB people were getting is higher than you might expect for either contributed or dealt methods

[/ QUOTE ]

This can't be right. There's a certain amount of rake generated for each hand. Different methods just split it up in different ways.

If people were getting more than they deserved, then they're likely very tight, and subsequently, the looser players weren't getting as much as they deserved. I've already heard a few 28VPIPers say they're getting more back than previously. I'm around 24VPIP, and haven't noticed much of a difference...though it's hard to say without more hands.

And this seems fair. Why should a 12/8 tagbot get the same back as a 30/22? They generate different amounts of rake, and should be paid in accordance with that.

I still wish AP would just quit changing things though. Online poker is stressful enough these days.