PDA

View Full Version : my jan. article is terrible

Ray Zee
01-28-2007, 03:31 AM
this one is absolutely the worst. it has no value and i suggest you all skip it as you will get nothing from it. i would be surprised to see someone say they got anything that helped their poker game from this.

Dynasty
01-28-2007, 04:22 AM
It will be published in the February issue.

It's only the 28th. You have time to revise it or write something completely new.

King Yao
01-28-2007, 01:24 PM
This is a great advertising gimmick! I can't remember reading anything bad by Ray Zee. My first instinct after reading your post was "wow, I've gotta go take a look to see what he's talking about..I can't believe it can be that bad". then my second instinct was "nice...he got me to go read his article when I may have missed it before."

Buzz
01-28-2007, 04:41 PM
King - LOL.

Exactly. We probably would have read the article by Ray even without the advance disclaimer. But now there's no way in the world we're going to miss the article. Now we can hardly wait to read it!

Buzz

Phat Mack
02-01-2007, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would be surprised to see someone say they got anything that helped their poker game from this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
In another hand, I had AQ under the gun playing ten handed. I immediately folded when I felt a few players had looked at their cards and liked what they saw. I didn't

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna try this. Instead of looking at the cocktail waitresses, I'm gonna look at the other players before I bet and see if it helps my game any.

A_F
02-01-2007, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a great advertising gimmick! I can't remember reading anything bad by Ray Zee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there is a first for everything.

TomG
02-01-2007, 04:30 PM
This always seems to come to mind after reading a Ray Zee article...

http://home.comcast.net/~johnpling/pics/yoda_zee.jpg

AlienBoy
02-02-2007, 06:53 PM
What an incredibly elegant article. The simply crafted incisive piece highlights subtle yet important concepts typically visible only from the nth level...

AB

S0meGuy
02-03-2007, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It will be published in the February issue.

It's only the 28th. You have time to revise it or write something completely new.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL! Zee....looks like you got an extension!

Shandrax
02-04-2007, 04:55 AM
Reverse psychology worked, I read it too and for some weird reason I found it interesting. Not sure if I would have made any of these plays.

7n7
02-04-2007, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this one is absolutely the worst.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta' QFT this one.

Lottery Larry
02-07-2007, 11:11 PM
So, you'll be making it up to us in March, right?

jfk
02-08-2007, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So, you'll be making it up to us in March, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to be the type to point out the obvious but I imagine there'd be limited disappointment in a book excerpt right about now.

Low hanging fruit.

SuperPokerJedi
02-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Nutz!

AlanG
02-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Ray, please write some more articles that are bad. I need this kind of stuff. Congrats on the nice article.

jfk
02-08-2007, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...there'd be limited disappointment in a book excerpt

[/ QUOTE ]

It dawned on me that "limited disappointment" might not be read in its intended usage which is "great enthusiasm". The English language is funny that way. I regret any confusion or the sense that this was a backhanded compliment.

Please, Ray, post an excerpt.

George Rice
02-09-2007, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...there'd be limited disappointment in a book excerpt

[/ QUOTE ]

It dawned on me that "limited disappointment" might not be read in its intended usage which is "great enthusiasm". The English language is funny that way. I regret any confusion or the sense that this was a backhanded compliment.

Please, Ray, post an excerpt.

[/ QUOTE ]

You weren't misunderstood the first time. But now you're not being un-redundant.