PDA

View Full Version : european players-safe to still use neteller?

invisibleleadsoup
01-27-2007, 01:44 AM
just wondering what people think about continuing to use neteller from europe
it should still be working fine,i don't plan to really keep money in neteller but for moving money around/cashing out to my bank account will the money still be ok?

Jooka
01-27-2007, 01:47 AM
there latest FAQ suggests they will have problems moving money to anyone at this pont. So i wouldnt at the moment till they can get some new banks to work with.

Sniper
01-27-2007, 02:28 AM
Neteller Update thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7868345)

Oberonn
01-27-2007, 03:18 AM
Please keep using Neteller. Your patronage will help keep the company solvent during their hard times which can only benefit those of us who are frantically trying to withdraw.

Unabridged
01-27-2007, 07:46 AM
i would remove all my money until they prove their solvency. in my mind a solvent company who wants to keep their reputation/business would immediately mail checks of the entire balance of any accounts they were closing.

celiboy
01-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Neteller is now saying that even for non US players, if their account is in USD (which I imagine almost everyone has), they too can not use EFT's to their bank account. Anyone know if we could still get a cheque mailed to us?

Edit

I just got off the phone with Neteller and they said that as long as your bank account is in non US denomination, then it would be business as usual. Having said that, I'm now in the business of p2p-->site transfers. I've done a couple so far and it went smooth.

Soulman
01-27-2007, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Neteller is now saying that even for non US players, if their account is in USD (which I imagine almost everyone has), they too can not use EFT's to their bank account

[/ QUOTE ]
Does this mean that as long your account is in USD, the money is placed in a US bank? Anyone know if it's possible to convert to another currency?

Soulman
01-27-2007, 12:52 PM
I just withdrew to my Neteller card...completely forgot that the cash is always converted to Canadian dollars...which means the funds are probably held in a Canadian bank for Euro members, yes? This was not a voluntary choice when I opened the account btw.

Iq75
01-27-2007, 05:39 PM
I moved some money from a poker site to neteller at tuesday and yesturday some of it to another pokersite. Today i moved some of my roll from neteller back to the first site. All trasactions were done in normal time. My neteller account is in USD.

At the moment i think that it's safe for euros/canadians to use neteller. But just in case i'm not leaving any of my money to neteller so i just move the whole deposit forward as soon as it hits my neteller account.

mattak
01-27-2007, 06:37 PM
I am canadian. Have EFT set up with my bank account at TDcanada trust bank. I tried to withdraw $50 on monday january 22nd to see if it would work properly. The message I got was 1-2 business days to complete transaction (as per usual). As of Jan 27 the transaction still says pending.

big e
01-27-2007, 09:12 PM
I am also Canadian and have a eft setup.
I noticed it took neteller 8 days to change my transactions from pending to accepted/completed (don't remember the exact term).
However the money was in my bank within 2 days, and this was before the arrests in the US.

blutarski
01-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Didn't you hear?

The US has decided that online gambling is illegal for the whole world.

Our President talks to God.

Don't [censored] with us.