PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone considered this?

blutarski
01-26-2007, 11:33 PM
If I remember correctly, the UIGEA prohibits the advertisement of online gambling sites.

Is 2+2 a big fat target for prosecution, as I see three poker site ads and a few rakeback site ads as I'm watching this?

Berge20
01-27-2007, 10:19 AM
The UIGEA does not deal with advertising

Uglyowl
01-27-2007, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
advertisement of online gambling sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

UIEGA does not classify poker as online gambling, but refers you to the Wire Act, and other prior legislation passed.

yeahright
01-27-2007, 11:55 AM
well, the neteller case will be HUGE for this entire issue.

The governments case with neteller is based on aiding and abetting online gambling...

It the government has success getting people for aiding and abetting, then a lot of people will be a target.

Remember, The Sporting News and the discovery channel have already been fined for advertising .com poker and gambling.

Uglyowl
01-27-2007, 12:02 PM
You could use Neteller to fund sports betting, so making any assumptions about poker is a stretch.

yeahright
01-27-2007, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You could use Neteller to fund sports betting, so making any assumptions about poker is a stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd really love to believe that, but with the DOJ stance on the WPT advertising .com poker, and subpoenas being sent for information on Party Poker....it's become more and more evident that this "they're not worried about poker" idea is just wishful thinking.

Trust me, I hate it, but it's true. I'm out of business if the DOJ comes after advertisers.

During the drafting of the house bill....it's just about a 99% fact that the wording of the bill was changed from "games prodominently subject to chance" to "games subject to chance" just to make sure there was no confusion that poker is absolutely covered by this bill.

I wish I was wrong....but I'm not.

joeker
01-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Simple....regsiter the domain and host it in Europe

Emperor
01-28-2007, 04:36 PM
A great way to get S&M invaolved!?!?!?

Everyone send a letter asking for an invetigation of 2+2 to:

MARYANN GOLDMAN
SPECIAL AGENT
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

(Agent listed on Neteller charges)