PDA

View Full Version : I'm surprised by something I saw on PSO today.

Ken_AA
01-26-2007, 03:14 PM
I just noticed that under poker room reviews you can sign up for a ton of poker rooms through PSO, but they don't offer you anything for doing so.

Doyles Room, Pacific, and Poker rewards are all listed there and I know other sites offer perks for signing up through them these sites ( at least rakeback). So why doesn't PSO? Obviously they get something for recruiting new players to these sites.

Ken

brendanb438
01-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Bump. Good question.

nuts
01-26-2007, 09:06 PM
they give you gifts, poker chips etc, rather than rakeback etc. fish and new players love it.

Bobo Fett
01-26-2007, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they give you gifts, poker chips etc, rather than rakeback etc. fish and new players love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed the point. They have their 10 or 12 sites they do that with...Ken's talking about other sites they have links to, but DON'T give away anything for.

This goes towards the only knock I have against PSO, which otherwise is a GREAT site. They limit their promos, and will only add a new one by knocking an old one off. I think I've done 7, and might have one more to do, then that's it! Meanwhile I've now done more at Savvy, and have many more on my schedule, because they just keep adding on new rooms. PSO's been doing things this way for a long time, and I assume they have some rationale behind it, I just don't know what it is.

dostofan
01-27-2007, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. You can buy a lot more poker chips with rakeback. And, you always have the rakeback. It doesn't end when you collect a certain amount points.

boracay
01-27-2007, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. You can buy a lot more poker chips with rakeback. And, you always have the rakeback. It doesn't end when you collect a certain amount points.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really. usually one software has several sites. why wouldn't you take all good bonuses at other sites and leave take RB deal at one that gives you the best deal?

just one example: pokerroom is part of ongame software, which had about 80 sites. you get much better RB deal at other ongame site. not to mention that signup bonus + PSO points at pokerroom actually gives you more than 100% RB deal.
+ for testing new software good bonus deal is a better option as you don't know yet how much you'll be playing there later at all. ask players with 80+ sites and they will tell you they are playing at up to 3-5 sites only.
think again.

RikaKazak
01-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Maybe since they give you SO MUCH free info, people who barely make any rakbeack anyways at a particular site are willing to sign up through them since PSO has been so nice to them.

My site is the same way, free info, no rakeback. In return our loyal players sign up through us in exchange for all the free "poker teachings" etc.

Ken_AA
01-27-2007, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At UB you can get 90 bucks in value through PSO for 5K points. In rakeback you would probably only get about 40 for 5K points ( estimate).

Now the argument is you will need that rakeback later. However there are also very good reasons why you wouldn't need it on that account.... but now I'm starting to infringe on that new sticky in this forum.....

Ken

dostofan
01-27-2007, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At UB you can get 90 bucks in value through PSO for 5K points. In rakeback you would probably only get about 40 for 5K points ( estimate).

Now the argument is you will need that rakeback later. However there are also very good reasons why you wouldn't need it on that account.... but now I'm starting to infringe on that new sticky in this forum.....

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

Ken, your estimate is way off. At UB, 5000 points is worth about $140 or so in rakeback, not $40. This includes the 25% UB deducts for bonus. Maybe you meant 500 points? If that's all your aiming for, than yes take the $50 equivalant in PSO gifts. But,if someone plans to play UB for more than a month or two, rakeback makes a lot more sense. You also said, "there are also very good reasons why you wouldn't need it on that account.... but now I'm starting to infringe on that new sticky in this forum....." I don't see the new sticky you're referring to. Taking a quick glance at the rakeback forum, I don't see that UB changed their rakeback calculations. Bonus + rakeback + cash for points = maximum profit.

Boracay, you're right, there are circumstances where it does make sense to take the free bonus. Especially the Pokerroom example which you can "whore" for the PSO gifts and then get rakeback on another Ongame site. As a US player, I'm playing just a couple sites, both with rakeback, and there's no way I would give that up for some chips or poker books. But I can see the benefit of whoring certain sites if that option is available.

Ken_AA
01-28-2007, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

Ken, your estimate is way off. At UB, 5000 points is worth about $140 or so in rakeback, not $40. This includes the 25% UB deducts for bonus. Maybe you meant 500 points? If that's all your aiming for, than yes take the $50 equivalant in PSO gifts. But,if someone plans to play UB for more than a month or two, rakeback makes a lot more sense. You also said, "there are also very good reasons why you wouldn't need it on that account.... but now I'm starting to infringe on that new sticky in this forum....." I don't see the new sticky you're referring to. Taking a quick glance at the rakeback forum, I don't see that UB changed their rakeback calculations. Bonus + rakeback + cash for points = maximum profit.

Boracay, you're right, there are circumstances where it does make sense to take the free bonus. Especially the Pokerroom example which you can "whore" for the PSO gifts and then get rakeback on another Ongame site. As a US player, I'm playing just a couple sites, both with rakeback, and there's no way I would give that up for some chips or poker books. But I can see the benefit of whoring certain sites if that option is available.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I meant 500 points, which is the PSO requierment.

And I was referring to gnoming, as I have multiple accounts at a number of sites, but only one with rakeback, the other ones I grab the short term gifts.

Ken

dlk9s
01-30-2007, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

And I was referring to gnoming, as I have multiple accounts at a number of sites, but only one with rakeback, the other ones I grab the short term gifts.
Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for admitting it. Now, as promised in the sticky, I will lock this thread and revoke your 2+2 privileges for some period of time that is yet undetermined.